video recording with screen blacked out?

ttowndex

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how to get my Razr to record video with the screen off. I need to be able to put the phone in my shirt pocket, camera facing out, and record video of what is in front of me, but it keeps shutting off whenever I put it in the pocket, or if I turn pocket detection off the contact with the screen messes up the recording.
Any suggestions? And yes, it is legal. I just need help with the how-to....
Thanks in advance!

Necrobater

Reaction score
look for mobile hidden camera on the market (I refuse to use the term play as that is the most idiotic name for an app store...). The free version is very limited, but even the 9.99$ version is very useful...

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I agree...don't know what they were thinking when they changed from market!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

lenrok258

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how to get my Razr to record video with the screen off. I need to be able to put the phone in my shirt pocket, camera facing out, and record video of what is in front of me, but it keeps shutting off whenever I put it in the pocket, or if I turn pocket detection off the contact with the screen messes up the recording.
Any suggestions? And yes, it is legal. I just need help with the how-to....
Thanks in advance!

Check out application that I've just published: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lofatsoftware.hvc
You can do exactly what you described: launch recording and turn off the screen.
I hope it will work out well for you.

In case of any questions - please contact me (e-mail address on app page).