screen timeout issues

subsynth

Reaction score
I have had this happen twice now, The Screen will not timeout and turn off, it just stays on. (pushing the button will turn it off, but then when it comes back on it stays on until you push the button again)

I have to reset the phone to get the screen to time out again.

I do not have "stay awake" under applications / development checked.

I do not have any "screen" utility type apps or any smart actions that deal with screen timeout.

Anyone else have this issue?

sublimewade

Reaction score
Yep happens here too. Same deal

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Are you guys connecting to HDMI for output by chance? Seems like the Bionic had the issue; once you connect to HDMI it screws with the screen timeout. Once you go to settings and select your timeout again, it will start working again.

OP
S

subsynth

Reaction score
Nope I've never used the HDMI, I don't even have the cable for it.

I think it may be GoSMS as it can be set to wake up your screen when you receive a SMS, I've disabled this option to see if the problem persists.

Everyone who has posted so far, is a reboot the only way you've gotten it to work? Simply toggling timeout options does not work for me.

sublimewade

Reaction score
Having more issues. I have to reboot the phone to get the screen time out to start working again. It will just stay on forever even set at 15 seconds?

OP
S

subsynth

Reaction score
Turning off the "Screen On" option of GoSMS seems to have fixed my screen timeout issues. No problems at all since disabling that feature.

sublimewade

Reaction score
My problem was the display off on feature on the smart actions feature. It does not work correctly it causes a glitch in screen time outs. I deleted that trigger and it fixed it

tomatofoot

Reaction score
This just started happening to me. I dont use hdmi, and have no idea what gosms is. Can you guys help a noob in finding these settings and fixing ghem?

SCREWd2V

Reaction score
Same here... I thought I was crazy leaving the room and coming back 5 mind later and the phone was on. I've had it happen while leaving the drop down bar pulled down and left alone, also while playing a few games

Sent from my Fist, using your Face