Screen Timeout after 2.0.1 update

jasondcannon

Reaction score
Anyone else notice that the option to turn off screen timeout is gone after updating to 2.0.1? This is a big issue for me. Now even in the car dock the screen turns off and won't stay on unless it's charging. What were they thinking?!?!

JayMonster

Reaction score
Anyone else notice that the option to turn off screen timeout is gone after updating to 2.0.1? This is a big issue for me. Now even in the car dock the screen turns off and won't stay on unless it's charging. What were they thinking?!?!

They were thinking that nobody would want to kill their battery that way? To be perfectly honest, I don't see that as this big a deal, since the only times I would (personally) want the screen to not time out would be when it is docked (and I would have it connected to power anyway).

droidreajoh

Reaction score
I liked having the option of no timeout. I don't mind them adding options , but don't take away something that isn't malfunctioning.:mad:

JayMonster

Reaction score
I liked having the option of no timeout. I don't mind them adding options , but don't take away something that isn't malfunctioning.:mad:

I don't disagree with you, it seems silly to me to remove it. (That is why I put a question mark at the end of my "reason" it was a guess... not something I thought SHOULD be).

But who knows... maybe there is a reason. Maybe more people complained about it happening by accident and that they felt that there was no reason for it to be there (always that other side of the coin, ya know?)

droidreajoh

Reaction score
Yeah, probably had a lot of complaints about battery drain. I know on my battery usage the screen was the highest...@ 47%

oops, check that, it's now 60% under the battery use tab.. :icon_eek:

JuniorLu

Reaction score
Thank God I'm not crazy. It's been driving me nuts all day. I used to charge it via USB and use it as a desk clock when locked. Now I absolutely can not. Royally ticks me off.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree they should have left the option to never turn off, this is simply the 3% of us who know what that does to batt life against 97% of clueless users who would turn that on and then b--ch endlessly to VZ and moto about it. We suffer the consequences it seems.

For that matter, same goes for Honda and other Jap cars - lighter / power jacks turn off when no engine running ... on a chevy (only good thing I can say now) you could leave your phone in it and it would charge ...

Itamar

Reaction score
For that matter, same goes for Honda and other Jap cars - lighter / power jacks turn off when no engine running ... on a chevy (only good thing I can say now) you could leave your phone in it and it would charge ...
Truth. I had to mod the center console power jack on my Subaru to get around that. The other 2 are still wired through the ignition though. At least now I can still charge stuff without the key in.
Ooops, a bit off topic there, ... sorry.

Last edited: