1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Issues with screen

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by rckstc, Dec 4, 2009.

1. rckstc

rckstc New Member

I promise this is not about the blank screen on phone calls, I tried to search for this and all I got was results on the the blank screen on phone calls.

Anyway starting today when I would turn the screen off on my Droid after phone call, text message or what ever, when I want to turn the screen back on, it does not, but the bottom 4 buttons stay lit

First time I tried to restart the droid, that did not work. So I took out the battery, put it back in and turn the phone back on, that seemed to fix it, until it happened again.

I have also noticed that sometimes when I touch the screen it will black out for a second or 2, then come back.

Is this an issue that could be fixed in the update? Or should I go to verizon.

Thanks
  2. bamfsig45

bamfsig45 New Member

I'd go to verizon and demonstrate the issue. Im assuming you dont have any 3rd party Home replacement apps do you?
  3. rckstc

rckstc New Member

No 3rd party apps of anykind
  4. mcole812

mcole812 New Member

I had the same exact problem today, but instead of taking out the battery, I waited and the screen eventually reappeared (after about 10 min). I was wondering the same thing, if its a software issue or an issue with the phone's hardware.... However, this is the only time it has happened to me since buying the phone about 3 weeks ago
  5. bigthinker

bigthinker New Member

I would call verizon and if the problem is something that motorola over the phone can handle but verizon can't....they will forward you to Moto....worst case scenario, take it back to the store
Search tags for this page
droid dna blank display

droid dna screen blank

droid glibal 2 screen is blank