Issues installing apps on recently rooted Eris

justindama

Reaction score
I rooted my phone last week and I'm really happy with most things about it, but I am having a couple of issues.

Apps keep "failing to install". Some of them install fine, but it's about a 50/50 proposition whether it will work or not. They all download fine, but many won't install. Sometimes if I try a few times on the same app I can get it to work, but some of them just wont work no matter how many times I try. Has anyone else run into this issue?

The other thing is my battery life is much worse than before. I assumed that is a side affect of overclocking, but there might be things I can do to make it better.

Any help is much appreciated!

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I rooted my phone last week and I'm really happy with most things about it, but I am having a couple of issues.

Apps keep "failing to install". Some of them install fine, but it's about a 50/50 proposition whether it will work or not. They all download fine, but many won't install. Sometimes if I try a few times on the same app I can get it to work, but some of them just wont work no matter how many times I try. Has anyone else run into this issue?
What apps specifically? If they are preloaded into the ROM, they will give you issues. If they are standard "Market" apps, you might want to try clearing the market cache and data, and rebooting.

The other thing is my battery life is much worse than before. I assumed that is a side affect of overclocking, but there might be things I can do to make it better.

Any help is much appreciated!
Definitely, spent the $1.99 and buy SetCPU. It is the easiest way to manage your kernel, and maximize your battery life.

OP
J

justindama

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice.

Angry Birds is the one that I've tried repeatedly & won't install, also an app called Totally Titans. This morning I woke up to find 3 auto updates that didn't install successfully & when I retried them it worked fine.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Angry birds doesnt like the eris for some reason. I gave up trying to download it from the market on my wifes phone. I think I downloaded the apk directly from Rovio. Im not sure about Totally Titans, never heard of it.

When you get SetCPU, do a search on setting up profiles, and if you need help, just ask.