Issue w/ Gentle Alarm (Amazon AppStore)?

mr_brady

Reaction score
Running Liberty 0.5 on my DX.

The other day when Gentle Alarm was free on the Amazon AppStore I picked it up and installed it. It works fine on my phone until I reboot, then it says there was an "Unknown error" with authorizing with the Amazon AppStore and to uninstall/reinstall it.

Amazon Tech Support can't figure out the issue. I've also tried turning on and off Compatibility Mode (and restarting) in Spare Parts, as well as fixing permissions.

I don't know if it's an issue with Liberty or an issue with Gingerbread or an issue with Amazon.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

busterbluth

Reaction score
I have the same problem with both Gentle Alarm and Weatherbug Elite which I got through Amazon. Other Amazon Apps seem to work fine like Flight Control. There is something the Appstore doesn't like about Liberty but I doubt Amazon will be in a big hurry to support it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
mr_brady

mr_brady

Reaction score
Bummer! I wonder if it's how Liberty handles permissions or zip-aligns files.

cobjones

Reaction score
I cannot get Soundhound infinity to install... it FCs the appstore app.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
mr_brady

mr_brady

Reaction score
Found a solution to my Gentle Alarm and apparently WeatherBug Elite issue. If you go to Liberty Settings (in the settings menu) and uncheck the box for zip-align data apps on bootup, then uninstall and reinstall the apps, they work fine even after rebooting. Something with the zip-align seems to break the Amazon licensing.

muddychief

Reaction score
Thanks for the following up! I am having the same problem. I uninstalled figuring you get what you pay for. I was going to wait for the next revision and retry but thanks for your help.

rfranken

Reaction score
Found a solution to my Gentle Alarm and apparently WeatherBug Elite issue. If you go to Liberty Settings (in the settings menu) and uncheck the box for zip-align data apps on bootup, then uninstall and reinstall the apps, they work fine even after rebooting. Something with the zip-align seems to break the Amazon licensing.

thank you for posting this. I've wanted to use this app and it wouldn't even start for me. (liberty 2.0.1)
and now it appears to be running fine. I guess if i wake up for work on time tomorrow I'll know for sure.

danielkr

Reaction score
Thanks a million - DX-GB-Lib0.5

And I didn't need to reboot either

Last edited:

busterbluth

Reaction score
Great find! Thanks so much for figuring this one out. Seems to work for me now after rebooting.

I don't know much about zipalign. I would appreciate if if anyone with more knowledge on the topic has any insights into why it might cause Amazon Appstore to reject the DRM in these apps.

Last edited: