Amazon appstore problems

jchammer123

Reaction score
I downloaded Shazaam and Soundhound when they were free on the amazon appstore. When I try and use them both it says unknown error please download again. So I tried to uninstall and reinstall, and the same thing happens. Has anyone else ran into this issue?

And yes I do have unknown sources checked.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
jchammer123

jchammer123

Reaction score
No, not the appstore. Just uninstalled the apps I got from it then reinstalled.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

peezy

Reaction score
I had the same problem and found that it was related to Amazon's DRM on their apps. You can only have one "authorized device" for your Amazon apps, which imho blows. I checked my settings on amazon, and sure enough after installing a mod, I have two devices listed with Amazon. I uninstalled all my amazon apps (including the appstore), removed all authorized devices on their website, and then started over with the appstore. You will lose your app data but will not have to buy your apps again. Click here for detailed instructions from @pacerdawn.

mpax9

Reaction score
I had the same problem and found that it was related to Amazon's DRM on their apps. You can only have one "authorized device" for your Amazon apps, which imho blows. I checked my settings on amazon, and sure enough after installing a mod, I have two devices listed with Amazon. I uninstalled all my amazon apps (including the appstore), removed all authorized devices on their website, and then started over with the appstore. You will lose your app data but will not have to buy your apps again. Click here for detailed instructions from @pacerdawn.

I'm having the same problem and did what you explained - but I'm still getting the error. Wondering if there is something else in that link you posted - I can't access it, says the page no longer exists.

bigdogdman

Reaction score
I have experienced this problem as well. I was able to solve it by moving the app data to my phone, from the SD card(after fresh reinstall). Have you tried this yet? Apparently, appstore has figured out what Market users have been requesting for months, which is to install the app directly to the SD card. Unfortunately, there's no setting to turn this (very) annoying behavior off, to avoid encountering this nasty symptom of some apps mysteriously not working.

Neither is there any way to disable appstore from "checking for new apps" every single purchase (of FAotD or otherwise) that will slow down, FC, freeze, or even crash the appstore. When will those idiots at Amazon start listening to us, their loyal (and embittered!) customers???