is this bootloader?

lazarus2297

Reaction score
so i was having major issues with getting the phone unlocked/rooted finally I did but I was curious is the picture below the correct screen for the bootloader mode??

IMG_0280.JPG

Coots

Reaction score
To my knowledge. Yes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
L

lazarus2297

Reaction score
so then for some reason my computer no likey that mode becuase it would NEVER notice the phone the correctly when in that mode...

just making sure i wasn't missing some major step.. i got it unlocked rooted now by getting into adb and rebooting into bootloader mode manually but the screen for that bootloader (i guess fastboot) where you unlock the bootloader looks different..

OP
L

lazarus2297

Reaction score
That is Odin mode if you do vol+ and vol- at the same time you press power you get the right bootloader mode.. just thought I would mention it

djras1

Reaction score
you may be missing another driver. I found (through someone else's post) that the drivers for PDANet take care of the problem.

ionide

Reaction score
Yeah, definitely sounds like a driver issue. I had the same thing happen, I remember I installed pdanet drivers and I also manually update the driver and chose by manufacturer Samsung, I don't remember which exactly fixed it, but try doing both those things, once you get your driver right you'll be good to go

Felix 222

Reaction score
Double check that you installed both the Samsung driver posted (driver 1) and that you installed the Samsung driver in PDANet during install process

OP
L

lazarus2297

Reaction score
i did all that with the installing reinstalling.. but I got it working another way.. While the phone was powered on and plugged in with debugging enabled my computer would see it as an adb interface. so I remembered using adb on previous phones.. so I brought up cmd and ran adb from there with the phone powered on and sent the command adb reboot bootloader and that put the phone in the right mode.. then the fastboot-windows oem unlock command worked like a champ.. I unlocked rooted and unrooted/relocked last night just to make sure I could..

thanks for the responses though!