Ready to give up.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
So I've been trying to root my nexus for awhile an i'm just about ready to say "Fudge" it. It seems that the samsung divers in the toolbox wont install and it seems that every work around that is suggested fails...

I get it to the point where it boots me into the bootloader, then it can no longer find the device and thats just from trying to unlock the bootloader... GOD its aggravating ...

Last edited:

Lyrandian

Reaction score
Just for the hell of it, are you flashing using a USB hub or the front ports of a desktop? If so, try plugging into one of the rear ports on a desktop or directly into a laptop. Sometimes hubs and mobo headers can lead to weird connectivity issues. Also, are you running anything that may be intercepting your USB connections first, such as VMWare, AntiVirus? Try turning off or temporarily disabling such software.

OP
ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Just for the hell of it, are you flashing using a USB hub or the front ports of a desktop? If so, try plugging into one of the rear ports on a desktop or directly into a laptop. Sometimes hubs and mobo headers can lead to weird connectivity issues. Also, are you running anything that may be intercepting your USB connections first, such as VMWare, AntiVirus? Try turning off or temporarily disabling such software.

I'm doing it with a Laptop running windows xp that has 4 usb ports. I've tried each one and get the same result. Also the only real virus protection I'm running is avast! antivirus.

Kenny Bats

Reaction score
So I've been trying to root my nexus for awhile an i'm just about ready to say "Fudge" it. It seems that the samsung divers in the toolbox wont install and it seems that every work around that is suggested fails...

I get it to the point where it boots me into the bootloader, then it can no longer find the device and thats just from trying to unlock the bootloader... GOD its aggravating ...

I think the same thing happened to me when I first tried. The PC does not recognize the device when in bootloader. When it boots into the bootloader try going into Device Manager on the PC and check if there is and entry with SAMSUNG Android ADB Interface with a yellow exclamation. If so you need to manually navigate to the Samsung USB interface driver. Double click on the entry with the yellow exclamation, hit the Driver tab and choose Update Driver. Choose Browse my computer for driver software. Then choose Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. Two entries should show both saying SAMSUNG Android ADB Interface (at least in my case 2 showed). I think you can choose either one to install. The PC should now recognize the device while in the bootloader enabling you to root. Hope this helps.

BTW I am running Windows 7 on the laptop that I used to unlock and root.

Last edited:

Kenny Bats

Reaction score
I'm doing it with a Laptop running windows xp that has 4 usb ports. I've tried each one and get the same result. Also the only real virus protection I'm running is avast! antivirus.

I have Avast running and was able to root. I just had to maually point to the ADB drivers when in the bootloader. When it enters the bootloader you should hear the PC recognize a new device being plugged in but the driver install fails. It's a PITA.

LostRacer

Reaction score
Hmm..Mine did the same. Make sure you uninstall all of the drivers first before attempting to do it. It took me around 4 tries before I finally got it. I went over the guide numerous times and unfortunately didn't help. I think I ended up using an earlier driver.

OP
ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
I can't seem to find the old drivers haha. Also it seems that I still can't get this thing to work an I tried using the guide that goes with it but none of the drivers fixes worked. Frustrating.

OP
ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Hallelujah I got it to work! The root toolkit successfully installed the drivers! As for now I'm just unlocked after last night now time to root and rom! :)