Is there a way to replace the message icon on the lockscreen with GV?

Flowah

Reaction score
With google voice? I don't use the default messaging app. Anyone know how?

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
widget locker. Same with any rom. Dont think there is any plans in the near future to have the option of lockscreen appshortcuts.

OP
F

Flowah

Reaction score
widget locker. Same with any rom. Dont think there is any plans in the near future to have the option of lockscreen appshortcuts.

Wait, so can I not replace the messaging app on the lock screen with the GV app?

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Wait, so can I not replace the messaging app on the lock screen with the GV app?

to my knowledge you cannot replace either of the lockscreen shortcuts...MMS or dialer. They directly access the stock mms and phone apps.

fox_dye

Reaction score
i wonder if there is a way to get the google voice messages to display on the lock screen along with your regular messages

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
how do you get regular messages to display on lockscreen. Ive seen it, but dont know how

fox_dye

Reaction score
When you get a text it should just give you a little message counter over the sms icon. Just hold your finger on it and it should pop up the message on the top of the screen

killjoylm1

Reaction score
So, I hate to bring this up again, but I thought I might see if anyone has any fresh ideas. Is there a way to make GV text messages show up on the lock screen? I mean it has to be pulling the data from some where and their must be a file that could be edited? If impossibly then please forgive my ignorance!

fox_dye

Reaction score
Nope your right there has to be a way to do it. But most likely you wont see it on the port unless you go over to MIUI and get the Chinese developers to add the option to show other message programs on the lock screen. I might have to get me a list together and send it to them.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.....

killjoylm1

Reaction score
Nope your right there has to be a way to do it. But most likely you wont see it on the port unless you go over to MIUI and get the Chinese developers to add the option to show other message programs on the lock screen. I might have to get me a list together and send it to them.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.....

I think that is a great idea because they are working with XDA and cyanogen so why not us!! We are only helping to spread the greatness of MIUI dancedroid

sparty569

Reaction score

to my knowledge you cannot replace either of the lockscreen shortcuts...MMS or dialer. They directly access the stock mms and phone apps.

Not 100% true. I have DialerOne set as my default phone app, as a fix for a force close issue, and when I pull down the phone side of the lock screen, it opens DialerOne. I think they go to your default app,even if it is a 3rd party app.

Z

ZeroBarrier

They most likely access whatever app you have set as default for those actions (Dialer & Messaging). This however, will never work with Google Voice, as it is not a Messaging application in the "normal" sense.

Google Voice has a messaging feature, but that's all it is, a feature. Plus isn't not SMS in the traditional sense either; it just sends messages over the internet. In any case it's more of an IM feature than it is a SMS feature.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
oh..i didnt realize you can access your default. It appears that any other apps for phone or mms dont allow the long press from long screen to preview the message Handcent has a popup and while the app is nice....i dont like it as much as the stock. I prefer something a little more simple...plus...I use the swipe delete feature a lot.

As well as preview from lockscreen.

kdmhongshi

Reaction score
They most likely access whatever app you have set as default for those actions (Dialer & Messaging). This however, will never work with Google Voice, as it is not a Messaging application in the "normal" sense.

Google Voice has a messaging feature, but that's all it is, a feature. Plus isn't not SMS in the traditional sense either; it just sends messages over the internet. In any case it's more of an IM feature than it is a SMS feature.

Well, if that's the case, then it CAN be changed from that "default messaging application" to any other application. I am no hardcore programmer, but it is definitely feasible.