Is there a way to obtain and install the 340 update manually.

pego99

Reaction score
I have been avoiding the update messages because I feared my root could not be restored but now that I see that the z4root will still root the 340 update the update nags have stopped. Is there a way to manually get a update nag or to get the 340 update and do it manually?

Manigma77

Reaction score
I have been avoiding the update messages because I feared my root could not be restored but now that I see that the z4root will still root the 340 update the update nags have stopped. Is there a way to manually get a update nag or to get the 340 update and do it manually?

Yes, if your allready on .320 then you need to flash the .340 system sbf that's out because thats all the the .340 update changes. You can find out more on mydroidworld.com you will just have to search. Just remembered I can't post links to sbf's.

If your not allready a member of MDW then I suggest you become one because there is sooo much DX info over there.

EDIT: cpjr makes a good point below, My post is not fully correct.

cpjr

Reaction score
Actually, there are 4 patches needed to completely update you to .340

System, kernel, baseband, bootloader

And if you install a custom ROM, the system gets overwritten anyway.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
P

pego99

Reaction score
Actually I am on 151 and my update to 340 nag has not happened for a while. I will check out MDW.

Yes, if your allready on .320 then you need to flash the .340 system sbf that's out because thats all the the .340 update changes. You can find out more on mydroidworld.com you will just have to search. Just remembered I can't post links to sbf's.

If your not allready a member of MDW then I suggest you become one because there is sooo much DX info over there.

EDIT: cpjr makes a good point below, My post is not fully correct.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score