Is there a way to get the Razr to vibrate more like an iPhone?

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
Well yesterday Razr #3 decided it doesn't need a speaker anymore so all I have to notify me of incoming calls/text/emails is vibrate. I have my own mobile business so I need to be available to my customers.

I actually liked that my Razrs vibrate didn't shake the whole house like those stupid iPhones, however now that I've already missed one call from a customer this morning because I didn't feel it vibrating in my pocket I kind of wish it did.

I don't there's much that can be done to help, the default vibration is already pretty long & there's not anything we can do to make it stronger.

I guess my best bet is to make a seen at a Corporate store so they'll exchange the phone there or wear a BT headset until they ship me my next replacement phone.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am guessing you have already tried the usual fixes to get your speaker to come back on? Hard reset and safe mode being the two things to check first.

As far as making the vibrate louder not much to be done about that, think the BT headset is the best option for now.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
The app Light Flow lets you set different vibrate patterns. Maybe give that a try?

OP
lovemyram4x4

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
Yeah, tried everything to ensure it's a hardware problem, doesn't even give boot sounds, tried tapping/shaking.

I actually already use popup plus which allows custom vibration patterns but as I was typing OP post I got an incoming call & notice how long it vibrated, I don't think shorter burst would be easier to notice.

I also just prior to this had the speaker work while the phone was lying on it's back then went silent once I picked it up. I then found that if I push down on the black camera/speaker cover the speaker works then cuts out when I stop-most of Tue time. So it's a bad connection.

I wonder what issue my next Razr will have. I'm sure glad I held off on installing my clear shield but I've burned thru my whole pack of screen protecters with all these phone swaps.

jch81

Reaction score
I dont know how some people have went through 3,4, and even 5 razrs. I got my original razr around december and havent had any problems out of it. idk if there is a bad bach of of them that came out or what but it is just kind of shocking that people are having so many problems out of their razrs.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I dont know how some people have went through 3,4, and even 5 razrs. I got my original razr around december and havent had any problems out of it. idk if there is a bad bach of of them that came out or what but it is just kind of shocking that people are having so many problems out of their razrs.

Every phone out there has stories like this. Consider yourself lucky!!

OP
lovemyram4x4

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
Every one has had it's own problems.

My first one the main issues all had to do with data, unless I was in a local with >80% signal it spent more time disconnected, I actually just let that slide for over 1 month(mainly because of all this let's try this wait for that & the fact part of it is the network, it also didn't get in the way of me doing my right away). I was also having charging problems which were do to heat caused anytime data was on(not the 95F instead of 85F when off but well into the 100's-charging would stop shortly after 110F).

My second(first like new factory certified warranty replacement) Razr right off the bat I found the quality wasn't the same as my NIB one as the power button didn't even click unless you really pushed it hard. Although I was happy about that I was OK with it since data was better & I didn't have any overheating issues at first, but wifi wasn't as good. After a day or so I noticed my battery life hadn't improved to what my OG was and the battery was puffing. So another call to warranty center. Oh, I had overheating issue twice when using wife's car, at first I though was just due to it being mounted on dash instead of center console but after making going into a store then returning with phone still warmer than normal & car hotter than ever it only heated up slightly & charged fine, same thing happened a second time.

Next phone showed up with a bumpy back so I already didn't have a warm fuzzy, but I've read this isn't uncommon so as long as it doesn't puffy I'll let it slide. Then when I go to set it up(BTW this is also the 5th time I've had to do this with FDRs done on phone #1) I notice whites aren't white, but I decide just to see how things go again, I really don't want to setup another phone again(wasn't going to keep using the fire hazard it was replacing). Then last night I notice I'm not getting any notification sounds.

Well phone #4 is on it's way so I get to set up my phone again. Assuming I finally get a good phone I'll probably end up getting ICS update & have to set up my phone again, although in that case I won't mind so much since that should help/fix a lot of other things I'm not happy about with these razed. Oh does anyone know of a way to keep the play store update from killing all your apps from automatically reinstalling & having to manually the ones that didn't complete prior to it's own update which equates to most of them?

On a positive note after putting my Razr in the car dock the speaker works unless I touch the white strip(I have a white Razr) above the speaker.

tz34mb

Reaction score
lovemyram4x4

I started a thread a few months back called "No sound from external speaker", and it is unfortunataly a common problem. I thought it was a software issue at first, but that was just a coincidence. if you look at the thread, the issue is with how the speakers contacts connect.

Mine works good for the most part now but still occassionaly it stops working, but if I press and swipe hard under the speaker on the back, it usualy get the connection back and the speaker starts to work again.

Hope that helps!!!

furbymac

Reaction score
I had that issue the other day either the speaker not working. Try snaking the top of your phone where the camera is against the palm of your hand. It fixed mine maybe it will work for.yours

OP
lovemyram4x4

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
Yeah, when it first happened after I trouble shot it down to it must be hardware related none of the mechanical methods (smacking, pressing, tapping, etc) seemed get a connection. Then all it took was a very light touch & it would cut in. After putting in the car dock it works if I don't touch in the area I mentioned above.

Actually the first car dock only slightly improved it as I stop by the Indie Verizon store I bought the phone from, but after putting it back in the dock & driving across town to the corporate Verizon store(hoping they'd have a phone to swap) it made me look like a liar as it sort of fixed it's self.

I hope that this speaker issue to do with what the phone went thru prior to refurbish since I never dropped or banged any of my Razrs and not just extremely poor build quality from Motorola. Not that it should be expected that your speaker should pop loose if you drop your phone but it surely shouldn't if you haven't.

Anyway, Razr #4 should be here today, fingers crossed I'll finally get a good one.

Caesars

Reaction score

Assuming these are "clnr's" that's why people go through so many, refurbs are a joke :-( AND once you're in the cycle of refurbs its hard to get out :-(

PhDCow

Reaction score
Every phone out there has stories like this. Consider yourself lucky!!

No kidding! I'm on my 3rd. My first one I got on opening day in November. The speakers cut out about a month or so later. A couple of months ago, #2 had a problem with the battery and it got hot to even touch it. Knock on wood, #3 is all good.

In fact, I don't think I've ever kept the original of any of my smartphones because of hardware problems. My family, also all Droid users, think there's a curse on me. ;)

PhDCow

Reaction score
Assuming these are "clnr's" that's why people go through so many, refurbs are a joke :-( AND once you're in the cycle of refurbs its hard to get out :-(

My 3rd one (the one I'm using now) wasn't a refurb. But I wouldn't have minded anyway. My husband is in the IT industry and he often prefers refurbed computers because everything has been tested and most times, the hardware has been replaced.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
My 3rd one (the one I'm using now) wasn't a refurb. But I wouldn't have minded anyway. My husband is in the IT industry and he often prefers refurbed computers because everything has been tested and most times, the hardware has been replaced.

I don't think Verizon is that good about CLNR's. They probably just look it over and flash em.

X

JRParsons

Reaction score
I've had my share of CLN replacements, usually I have to go through 3 or 4. Some are clearly used, others look like they are right out of the box.
This is not exclusive to any single model of phone. I've returned CLN for 4 different types of phones