Droid razr ear speaker rattle...

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by dustinslee, Nov 12, 2011.

1. dustinslee

dustinslee New Member

I got my droid razr yesterday so far i love the phone but same as the bionic i got (which i returned) i have a rattle in the ear speaker i know i need to take it back but i am gonna make sure i wanna keep the phone or wait on the galaxy nexus. Just wondering if anyone else was having a vibrating sound from ear peace? Thanks for ur time ...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  2. INCREMENTAL

INCREMENTAL New Member

My GF just got hers lastnight and she hadn't made a call on it yet but one thing I did notice is the tutorial video on the phone had rattle from the speaker when we played it. Could have been the video but it sounded like :censored:. I haven't had time to test it myself or other videos but so far my OG Droid sounds better then that. I'm a huge moto fanboy so I'm hoping it was the video, the phone is sweet and amazing.

Sent from my Moto Droid
  3. dustinslee

dustinslee New Member

My external speaker sounds great! I love the phone its sweet! Maybe its just mine i will keep testing and if i wanna keep it i will get another one... oh by the way the camera is amazing! So clear beautiful pics!

4. danthesk8er

danthesk8er New Member

Mine does the same thing

Mine does the same thing. It's super annoying. I am also taking mine back. I hope it is just a manufacturing error on my handset
  5. trenthelms

trenthelms New Member

Sound crackles and is not strong on mine either. Did not have this issue in Droid 2.

6. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

My speaker and ear piece work great, what i do have an issue with is a loud whistley staticy sounds while streaming music through my car Bluetooth.. very annoying.
  7. ulli_shameer

ulli_shameer New Member

Ive got the same problem.. earpiece speaker crackles.. voice quality was very poor on call.. Faulty handset..? Should I get it changed..?

Sent from my XT910 using DroidForums
  8. dustinslee

dustinslee New Member

I am taking mine back tomorrow and swapping and making sure that the other one i get is a keeper before my 14 days are up... i have had several droid x's and 2 bionics over ear speaker rattle...

9. danthesk8er

danthesk8er New Member

Please reply when you get your new phone

Hello, Please post back once you have returned it and if your next handset is better. I am returning mine tomorrow as well. The rep at Verizon will have to verify there is a problem. The best way to get it buzzing good and loud is to plug it into the charge and make it heat up a lot. The warmer it is the louder the buzzing sound becomes. I took it to the store and had it laying out in my cold car. When I got to Verizon the buzzing sound was gone. So I thought I was stupid, but if you keep the phone warm, it will buzz for them so they should have to exchange it. I will repost when I get my new handset. Thanks, Daniel
  10. dustinslee

dustinslee New Member

Okay well i went and this is what has happened so far i went the rep heard the rattle so we swapped the phone all was good and i left made a test call sound was gone! Played my music player when i got home and the external speaker was rattleing i went straight back they swapped again and now all seems better i will make sure i do some hard testing so i make sure they all dont do this at some point! I love this phone i really hope this is all for me so thats my evening.

1 person likes this.
  11. ulli_shameer

ulli_shameer New Member

Great snakes..!! so there is no other alternative.. have to take it back then.. but thanks for the info, will check both speakers during the exchange..!! Thanks dustinlee..! :D
  12. dustinslee

dustinslee New Member

I just discovered external speaker rattle ..... on this phone as well.. i really like this phone but i aint gonna keep trading and trading i have some thinking to do... anyone think the rezound is worth getting i have my Droid x but its hard going from a nice fast phone back to that... any advice welcome...

13. ulli_shameer

ulli_shameer New Member

its a shame really..! the phone is let down with irritating issues like these..!
    and here in Dubai, I'm not sure if we can get an exchange on the unit.... :$
  14. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Hadn't made a call on mine till I read this, so I checked my Voicemail just to see. And sure enough I do have the slight rattle on the phone no matter what the volume it is at.
  15. MasterChiefB117

MasterChiefB117 New Member

I'm scared now that I might get it. Haven't got it yet but what does it sound like.

16. dustinslee

dustinslee New Member

Sounds like there is dirt or something vibrating off speaker .... my internal seems better but my external watching YouTube sounds like the volume is too high

17. ulli_shameer

ulli_shameer New Member

Ok, so here's where I am at..

I wrote to the Global Motorola helpdesk and they promised to get back to me in 24 hours (which never happened). After reminding them yesterday, i received an email from them.....

Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for reaching out to Motorola. I’ve reviewed your e-mail and I’m ready to help.
    We apologize for the inconvenience. Power the phone off and on. Check for software update.
    Press the Menu key from the Home Screen.
    Tap Settings.
    Tap About phone.
    Tap System updates.

If you get the same result, perform the factory data reset. Factory Data Reset is a tool used to remove everything that was imported, added or installed on the device. Keep in mind, when using this feature everything is deleted. Nothing stored on the MicroSD or the internal phone storage will be affected unless you choose to erase it as well.
    Factory Data Reset
    From the screen of your phone, press the Menu button
    Tap Settings.
    Scroll down and tap Privacy
    Tap Factory Data Reset
    Check Erase internal storage if you would like to erase all the data on the phone internal storage such as applications, music, movies or photos.
    Tap Reset Phone

We hope that you find this information useful and look forward to assisting you in the future.
    For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at Motorola Home - Motorola USA
    Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.

I followed the entire sequence, and voila! the rattle still happens.. By the way, there was no software update available at the time.. So, I'm stuck again... :blink:
    Guess i have to take it back to the retailer.. SUCKS!
  18. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

They sent you the standard "fix all problems" letter. I wouldn't have even done it.

I'd take it back until you get one that does not rattle.
  19. DukeL

DukeL New Member

Are people experiencing this when talking on speakerphone or earpiece? When my speakerphone volume is t 100% I hear a rattle but earpiece is fine.?
  20. ulli_shameer

ulli_shameer New Member

Both the speakers rattle.. the earpiece one more than the loudspeaker..
Search tags for this page
buzzing speaker
change ear speaker droid razr maxx hd

droid razr ear speaker rattle

droid razr ear speaker rattle repair
droid razr m buzzing
droid razr m buzzing sound

droid razr m ear speaker

droid razr m speaker problems

motorola moto buzzing sound in speaker

motorola razr m speaker problem

particules rattling in speaker on motorola razor