Is there a stylus that works?

V

verian

I don't believe so, from what i have read the touch screen works by touch and temperature so a stylus with no heat wouldn't work. But I could be vary wrong.

jeanluc71

Reaction score
they do make one for the droid. do a search for droid stylus. But i have played with one and really dont like it. It has a Dia about the size of a Pencil and has a big rubber end on it. The pressure needed does not like the sliding effect with my screen protector.. but it would probably work better without the screen protector. IMO save the 10.00.

Also check here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-accessories/13765-dagi-stylus-review.html

Last edited:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Any stylus designed for a capacitive screen should work.

kmo

Reaction score
Were you having problems with the touch screen? I found that the Droid screen is very responsive with just minor glitches occasionally. Mostly due to my own errors where my fingers were placed on the screen.

BuckyB

Reaction score
Were you having problems with the touch screen? I found that the Droid screen is very responsive with just minor glitches occasionally. Mostly due to my own errors where my fingers were placed on the screen.

Yes, exactly. I need a stylus because I'm constantly hitting the wrong link or button, then I have to wait, then go back, try again, wait agvain, go back again, and finally try a 3rd time before I hit it right. Sometimes I really miss my old Centro. It was much easier to navigate with a stylus.

neccoguy21

Reaction score
My homemade stylus works perfectly. I wrapped the eraser end of a pencil in foil. Then cap that with a smooth chrome tire valve cover (chromies, anyone?) And wrap just the very edges of the cap with another layer of foil. This basically extends your smooth chrome cap all the way down the shaft, giving you a fully conductive piece. Finally, fold a disposable lcd cleaning cloth (the ones with cleaning solution in them) so it has a point, and wrap the whole cloth over the chrome cap, creating a cloth covered, smooth sliding rounded tip (with a chisle point from the cloth)
that is barely moistened by lcd cleaning solution. A liquid your phone isn't too afraid of. Make sure its barely damp to conduct your electrical current from your hand, thru the foil, thru the cap, and thru the damp cloth. Prescision movement. Fast slide. Clean screen. Nothing beats it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mmw68666

Reaction score
stylus for moto droid

go to cellphoneshop.com they have plenty.
this is the link for the stylus.

http://www.cellphoneshop.net/stpenforapip.html