1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Is there a "Silent" ringtone for contacts? Or is using the blacklist feature better?

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod - X' started by fenrisswolf, Aug 19, 2011.

1. fenrisswolf

fenrisswolf Member

I have a few contacts (OK collection agencies, :icon_evil:) that I was screening out through the "straight to voicemail" contact feature.

With other ROMs, I used to be able to set the ring tone from the contacts options to "silent" for these, but I don't seem to have that option available in CM7.
    I saw the blacklist option, but can they still leave me messages if I use it? Or does it just not connect for the black listed phone if I use it? Some of these are debts I am actually working to pay back...
    (I'm not really trying to skip out on stuff I owe, just a bit too broke at the moment... :))

Also, is there a quick silence feature on CM7? Stock has the option to let the phone go silent by flipping it over, but I've yet to see an equivalent for CM7.

P.S. I decided to just block them with Google voice for now, and I'm going to see if the "rings extended" app adds the functionality I want, but feel free to let me know how you manage these on CM7.
  2. bishoy

bishoy New Member

Well idk about blocking them, blacklist etc. But can't you just press one of the volume buttons on the side and it will silence the phone?

Sent from my A500 using DroidForums
  3. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

You could always use a silence.mp3 or ogg if you prefer. Use an audio editor, e.g. audacity, to generate a few seconds of silence, then output to ogg and place in /system for consistent usage.
Search tags for this page

android silent ringtone

droid razr m on silent, how to let contacts through
free silent ringtone android
free silent rintons
samsung charge silent ringtone
samsung galaxy s3 silent ringtone
samsung s3 silent ringtone

silent ringtone android

silent ringtone android free
silent ringtone for android
silent ringtone galaxy