Is there a "Silent" ringtone for contacts? Or is using the blacklist feature better?

fenrisswolf

Reaction score
I have a few contacts (OK collection agencies, :icon_evil:) that I was screening out through the "straight to voicemail" contact feature.

With other ROMs, I used to be able to set the ring tone from the contacts options to "silent" for these, but I don't seem to have that option available in CM7.
I saw the blacklist option, but can they still leave me messages if I use it? Or does it just not connect for the black listed phone if I use it? Some of these are debts I am actually working to pay back...
(I'm not really trying to skip out on stuff I owe, just a bit too broke at the moment... :))

Also, is there a quick silence feature on CM7? Stock has the option to let the phone go silent by flipping it over, but I've yet to see an equivalent for CM7.

P.S. I decided to just block them with Google voice for now, and I'm going to see if the "rings extended" app adds the functionality I want, but feel free to let me know how you manage these on CM7.

bishoy

Reaction score
Well idk about blocking them, blacklist etc. But can't you just press one of the volume buttons on the side and it will silence the phone?

Sent from my A500 using DroidForums

djakrse

Reaction score
You could always use a silence.mp3 or ogg if you prefer. Use an audio editor, e.g. audacity, to generate a few seconds of silence, then output to ogg and place in /system for consistent usage.