Dif Ringtone for each contact and set to ring with contacts only

marlon3

Reaction score
How do you setup a different ringtone/messages tone for each contact and how do you setup to just ring when someone from your contacts call and not ring when caller is not in contacts?

coming from BB and there was an option for exceptions.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can set individual ringtones on each contacts edit profile....i think if you press the menu button it allows to set ringtones for that contact....

as for everything else you asked about, not possible

ShowTime

Reaction score
Just curious as to why you wouldn't want your phone to ring at all when someone not already in your contacts calls?

OP
marlon3

marlon3

Reaction score
Just curious as to why you wouldn't want your phone to ring at all when someone not already in your contacts calls?

cause, i'd rather not talk to them if they are not in my contacts. that's what voicemail is for.:)

Benton

Reaction score
My wife has same thought, my argument back is I sure hope my cell phone doesn't die and I have to use the hospital's phone after my car accident! Of course, let's hope it never comes to that.

rhinoj

Reaction score
I set custom ringtones for my favorites, but they actually ring only sometimes. I will get a favorite call and the Droid does not ring at all. When I look at the contact, no ringtone is defined. I can reboot and it will show the ringtone, but at some point, the ringtone goes away. It is beginning to be a real problem. I'm afraid I have an app conflict. I have been searching the forum but no one else seems to have had the same problem.

siman00

Reaction score
Ok, I'm a newbe, and I apologize for having to ask, but here's my question. I want to set different ringtones for different contacts (a common thing). I've read this thread, and earlier posts seem to indicate that pressing "menu" when the contact is open to edit will give you the option. I can't find the option to add a custom ringtone. Can someone please explain, step by step, how to give a contact a custom ringtone? Thanks for the help.

Big Cam

Reaction score
Ok, I'm a newbe, and I apologize for having to ask, but here's my question. I want to set different ringtones for different contacts (a common thing). I've read this thread, and earlier posts seem to indicate that pressing "menu" when the contact is open to edit will give you the option. I can't find the option to add a custom ringtone. Can someone please explain, step by step, how to give a contact a custom ringtone? Thanks for the help.
I have to agree, I don't see any option to add a ringtone.

ladypilot

Reaction score
I am having difficulty finding how to set customize ringtones for each contact. It is not in the manual. (yes I do read manuals). I also tried above but it did not work..