contact ringtone issue

johnnycool001

Reaction score
I have diffent ringtones set for each of my contacts. the last couple of days only my default plays. Here is what I got:
Droid 1, rooted, stock rom, overclocked to 800mhz, all of the ringtones I have downloaded form apps ( ringlert, Zedge, ect) Have moved all of the ring tones to my media folder on the SD so they show up as a system tone. go to options assign to contact, boom this has worked great, havn't done anything diffent. now everytime the phone rings I get my default ringer. the custom tones in Handcent are still working.

OP
J

johnnycool001

Reaction score
Nobody have any ideas?? I tried to download a new ringtone, first I downloaded one with ringlert. with its last update it automaticly lets you save to the media folder, slected the new ringtone and it still only plays the default. which is custom, not a system.

tnronin

Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation. I know that I have a custom ringtone for my wife. I still get the stock ring. Watching this thread.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

On the laptop now. I played with it. I have BB 6.2 running. Nothing special on the clock speed. My custom ringtone for my wife is infrequent. I thought that the issue was when the D1 was sleeping I would get the stock ring. I called it as it was sleeping yep stock ring. Then I woke the phone up and called it and the custom ring worked. I'm like "ok" we got something here. I played around and increased the VM to 40m, called the phone when it was awake. Got the stock ringtone, damn it! I have no clue but I am by no means an expert.

Any help for the sage minds would be appreciated.

tnronin

Reaction score
Johnny, check this thread out. This

The thread is regarding BB, but you never know.

OP
J

johnnycool001

Reaction score
Johnny, check this thread out. This

The thread is regarding BB, but you never know.

I bet that is going to be the issue, I just adjusted my set CPU. That would make sense, and would explain why the issue is random. I will report back, after I have tested it a day or so. Thanks for the info.