Is the Froyo build on Rom Manager the latest?

Eggathis

Reaction score
Hello, everyone! My first post in this forum, and of all forums I've seen droid related, this one has helped me the most. I thought that this FAQ was prolly the most appropriate place for my question. Ive had my droid for about a week now, and I've obviously gotten it during a very exciting time for the droid community, with the leak of the Froyo OS. I am rooted and running 2.1, I am thinking of installing Froyo but I wanna know the most beneficial way of going about it. I see that there is a version in Rom Manager, but is that the latest release? If not, I know where the thread for the updated version is, I just wasnt sure so I figured Id ask the experts before I installed it, so I know the appropriate steps to take after I do. Thanks for all the help! This site is amazing! :i-m_so_happy:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I do believe it is the latest version out.

And welcome to the forum......feel free to ask any questions you may have. Theres alot of help out there.

OP
Eggathis

Eggathis

Reaction score
yeah, i think so too. i just said eff it and went ahead and did it...... and i gotta be honest, its pretty fantastic! i wiped my data and cache and didnt even have to go back and redownload anything, the phone did it for me? im definitely keeping it, it is bounds faster than 2.1 and i have had no issues with it yet what so ever. i have yet to install flash on it, but im doing that right now. thanks for your help! im super excited!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There are 3 version but it is most up to date. I bugged koush about it yesterday; and later that evening he finished (probably the time when I finally let him be). So it is safe to install through RM; just make sure you understand rooting, cw, and take the time to read all the instructions.

OP
Eggathis

Eggathis

Reaction score
yeah, im a quick learning guy and made sure to do a lot of reading before i even rooted the phone, let alone all of the other reading i have done about all of the other stuff. i dont plan on installing any themes on it until a stable version surfaces to make ease of updating easier. thanks for your help!

DroidFan88

Reaction score
yeah, i think so too. i just said eff it and went ahead and did it...... and i gotta be honest, its pretty fantastic! i wiped my data and cache and didnt even have to go back and redownload anything, the phone did it for me? im definitely keeping it, it is bounds faster than 2.1 and i have had no issues with it yet what so ever. i have yet to install flash on it, but im doing that right now. thanks for your help! im super excited!

Having flash has been great, too bad HULU put a block on it. At least you can play flash games and watch video on alot of other sites so it is definitely worth it.