Is the extended battery cover better?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
The cover on my Bionic is driving me crazy with its creaking. I was wondering if the extended battery cover is any better.

How much bulk does it add?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not like the extended battery on the OG Droid; only about 1/8" or so. I have no problem with it.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Yes the creaking is definitely better. I can't say it doesn't still make a very slight noise, but I'm pretty sure ANY phone would make that.

OP
tjk629

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Any pictures? As bad as it sounds I only want it to minimize the creaks. Extra battery is a plus lol

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's big, but it actually keeps the phone ergonomic, unlike the growth of an extended battery for the Thunderbolt. It just makes it look like a big phone, not a deformed one. :p

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used the extended for a few weeks and went back - it's too bulky and heavy. It is a significant difference. And it did creak.

The solution to the creaking is easy - buy some electrical tape. Put it on the back of the battery cover so it will hit where the battery is - 4 or 5 inch long strips on top of one another.

Works like a charm.

OP
tjk629

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I used the extended for a few weeks and went back - it's too bulky and heavy. It is a significant difference. And it did creak.

The solution to the creaking is easy - buy some electrical tape. Put it on the back of the battery cover so it will hit where the battery is - 4 or 5 inch long strips on top of one another.

Works like a charm.

Got any pictures?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you do a google search on extended battery for the Bionic there is a video of them next to one another.

However you really have to own them both to tell the difference.

My standard only lasted 3 1/2 hours tonight because I went out and was on 4g. I also used it very often. That's pretty terrible.

However when on wifi it last a long time.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I stopped by the Verizon store today and asked if they had an extended battery for the Bionic, and if so qcould I try on the cover to get an idea of how it felt in my hands. Works very well IMO. Not much different than having a silicone case on the standard cover.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
The cover on my Bionic is driving me crazy with its creaking. I was wondering if the extended battery cover is any better.

more creaking but well worth it

OP
tjk629

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
If you do a google search on extended battery for the Bionic there is a video of them next to one another.

However you really have to own them both to tell the difference.

My standard only lasted 3 1/2 hours tonight because I went out and was on 4g. I also used it very often. That's pretty terrible.

However when on wifi it last a long time.

Sorry, I meant the tape on the case.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score

The extended battery cover creaks just as bad as the stock one. I put some electrical tape on the inside of my covers and that pretty much stopped it. It's ghetto, but works.