Is the extended battery cover better?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I tried the extended for a few weeks and it does give you significantly longer. However I prefer thin so I went back to the standard.

If I know I'm going out without wifi and chargers I can always put the extended in.

These batteries hold their charge when out of the phone amazingly.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I tried the extended for a few weeks and it does give you significantly longer. However I prefer thin so I went back to the standard.

If I know I'm going out without wifi and chargers I can always put the extended in.

These batteries hold their charge when out of the phone amazingly.

It's nice to have options :)

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I get 4g but it's intermittent. I just use wifi at home and 3g at work. I use my phone alot as well but seems like cell standby takes up the bulk of my battery usage, weird.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I shut off data before bed and it went 7 hours and only lost 4%.... radio was still on for texts and phone calls... I know data usage always shows cell standby as highest but if I had the screen on 4+ hours it still wouldn't be the highest but im looking at a dead battery

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cool.. just went out and picked the last one up at the local vz store for $25. I never used extended batteries before, always just carried a spare regular battery. Now I'm guessing this is right, since I haven't even opened the box yet because I'm waiting for the standard to fully charge, but I assume you can use the standard battery with the extended battery cover? Meaning you don't have to carry around the back cover to both batteries with you, so I'll just be able to stick the extended battery cover on the back and it will be fine with the standard battery also, if I'm wrong let me know :)

Thanks guys!

On my OG Droid I had the extended and kept the original battery and cover for emergencies. I've done the same with my Bionic, and will use the original cover when I use the original battery. For you I'd suggest putting in some folded paper to fill up the gap.

One thing, the extended battery will take longer to charge completely, but it look like the Bionic circuitry seems to handle the extended battery better than the OG Droid did. I have the Battery Left widget and the Circle Battery widget to see and the stock battery indicator seems to be holding with the others.

OP
tjk629

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Thanks for all the input.

I'm still debating about it. I guess something like one of those slip on cases would solve the issue also. But I'm not one for cases.

Guess I could always rough it out.