1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Is The Droid X Outdated?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by music_man185, Nov 23, 2011.

1. music_man185

music_man185 New Member

i'm getting ready to get a smartphone through my local regional carrier. they are a little behind on phones. the ones i'm looking at are the droid x, droid pro, htc merge and htc desire. i'm coming from a basic phone, so any of these will be an upgrade to me. but since i'm going to be stuck with an already old phone for the next 2 years, i want to get the best one i can. i kind of have my eye on the droid x, but its one of the oldest, if not the oldest in the lineup. so my question is, how does the old droid x compare to todays standards and is it outdated? and any feedback on the other phones mentioned?
  2. rayr0d

rayr0d New Member

You can't go wrong with a Droid X - I still use it as one of my demo handsets - As far as outdated, if you would consider that 4G LTE has arrived, then yes - but in most cases, the Droid X is still better than some of the current smartphones in Verizon's line up.

I hate to steer anyone towards a device because at the end its the user that will be living with that choice, but in my opinion - the Droid X is your best choice - You can update the Droid x to Gingerbread so it not behind at all.

At the end its for you to decide and whatever your choose, you will be fine! Good Luck!
  3. Insidious

Insidious New Member

In terms of whether its a good phone or not, its a great phone that will do everything you want. But in terms of some hardware it can be considered a little outdated but honestly its still a fast sucker!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  4. music_man185

music_man185 New Member

thanks for the help!

i live in a small town in the mountains. so 4g isn't really an issue for me at this point. it will probably be a long time before 4g is available in my area.
  5. Brennan_Huber

Brennan_Huber Theme Developer Theme Developer

+1 Droid x is the way to go. If I had the choose with all the phones out right now I would still get the X.

FreeMyMoto!!!
    FreeMyMoto!!!
    FreeMyMoto!!!
  6. prime

prime Kernel Developer Premium Member Developer

Droid X can be had pre-owned for $80 from cowboom, I would not be tied to Verizon for two years for any device. You can't go wrong with an X IMO.
  7. rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p New Member

Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    DX is great! =) dancedroid Like everyone else said, the hardware may be a bit outdated but you probably wouldn't notice since you are coming from a dumbphone. I love my DX and will be sad to see it go... =D
  8. music_man185

music_man185 New Member

i'm also looking at the galaxy s. how would you guys rate the droid x against the galaxy s?

i had a samsung omnia years ago, and did not like it. it was buggy and the screen was very unresponsive. not sure if samsungs have gotten better since the omnia.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  9. *22899

*22899 Premium Member Premium Member

Hell yea! I'm still rocking the X till next week. I'm going to store it away in a drawer somewhere that nobody can touch it just in case my new rezound breaks. The X has the large screen and the power to do anything a normal person needs it to do.
  10. prime

Good device, not on Verizon (if this is your carrier of choice).

The omnia was a windows mobile device that did not have a capacitive screen...blech!
  11. music_man185

music_man185 New Member

i'm on verizon now, but getting ready to switch to a local regional carrier (carolina west wireless) this week. they offer the galaxy s and the droid x.

i went to the store and played with the galaxy today. the screen is insanely clear! it was very impressive. they didn't have a droid x in stock for me to play with side by side. so i'm still not sure on which way to go.
  12. wicked

wicked Administrator Staff Member

The Droid X was the best phone of its time. I still have one. I am going to upgrade to a Nexus but the DX served me well. Mine is still as smooth as ever getting great battery life too.
  13. prime

I like my X but given those two choices I would go with the galaxy..locked bootloader on the X is a drag.
  14. noisyKricket

noisyKricket New Member

The DX is a great phone. I picked up a used one for my wife and I almost didn't give it to her lol. I spent the first couple days researching how to root it and what not. The locked boot loader is annoying but its fairly easy to get around it now (if you're even interested in rooting your phone).
  15. prime

Myself being a kernel developer it is unacceptable as I can't do my thing so to speak.
  16. noisyKricket

noisyKricket New Member

Time to switch over to the incredible 2. This thing needs more devs :)
  17. music_man185

music_man185 New Member

i'm not really what "rooting" is. so i dont know if i will be doing any of that in the future. so that may or may not be an issue for me.
  18. prime

No need to worry about rooting. You could root either device when ready (if ever).

Locked bootloader means you can never upgrade the kernel (doing so usually equals better battery life, more features, overall better system responsiveness...etc..etc).
  19. dustinslee

dustinslee New Member

I had the razr went back to my x it works just fine!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  20. wyld

wyld New Member

I had my Droid x since the week it was released and I just upgraded to the RAZR a few days ago and ill admit I kinda miss my Droid x! Lol
Search tags for this page

droid x outdated

droid x still a good phone
droid x2 outdated
how outdated is my droid x
how outdated is the droid x

is droid x outdated

is droid x still a good phone
is my droid x outdated
is my droid x2 out dated?

is the droid x outdated

is the droid x still a good phone