Is The Droid X Outdated?

OP
M

music_man185

Reaction score
i'm not really what "rooting" is. so i dont know if i will be doing any of that in the future. so that may or may not be an issue for me.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
i'm not really what "rooting" is. so i dont know if i will be doing any of that in the future. so that may or may not be an issue for me.

No need to worry about rooting. You could root either device when ready (if ever).

Locked bootloader means you can never upgrade the kernel (doing so usually equals better battery life, more features, overall better system responsiveness...etc..etc).

dustinslee

Reaction score
I had the razr went back to my x it works just fine!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

wyld

Reaction score
I had my Droid x since the week it was released and I just upgraded to the RAZR a few days ago and ill admit I kinda miss my Droid x! Lol

cebosound

Reaction score
I am still using a Droid X. Mine has worked great the entire time i have had it. Infact, it't the best phone I have ever had. ....... I am up for renewal now and am probably going to get the Galaxy Nexus. But I haven't had many urges to go get a different phone for any reason, because I haven't felt like much was that much better. I am in a 4G area now, so that is something I want my phone to be able to do.

Go with the Droid X. Just find a used one at a good price. No need for a contract with this one.

Good Luck. and welcome to the Droid world. :)

OP
M

music_man185

Reaction score
thanks alot for all the help guys. its good to see so many people still happy with their x's after so long. especially in a time where technology is out of date in the blink of an eye.

i may be a little mistaken on the galaxy s though. the phone offered is actually called the samsung showcase. which upon further research, i think, is the equivalent to the samsung fascinate. i hate it when manufacturers "rename" their devices for smaller regional carriers. the droid x is actually called the motorola milestone x. but i'm pretty sure its identical to the droid x in every way.

so anyway, does the fact that its the samsung fascinate change anything?

dustinslee

Reaction score
I wish it had touch buttons at the bottom if it did I would keep it or now on

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
so anyway, does the fact that its the samsung fascinate change anything?

The Faschinate is a good phone. Have quite a few friends who own one. It came out right around the same time as the Droid X.

Build quality, I'd have to pick the Droid X over the Fascinate.

The Droid X has motoblur and Fascinate has Touchwiz.

cebosound

Reaction score
I wish it had touch buttons at the bottom if it did I would keep it or now on

I actually like the hardware buttons. I wish more of the new phones had them. lol. ......... I especially like the hardware button for camera. (personal preference stuff)

OP
M

music_man185

Reaction score
i think i would like physical buttons as well. touch buttons seem to easy to hit accidently

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Droid (Milestone) X is the device for you. The fascinate is not a comparable device.

9wire

Reaction score
I'm going to upgrade soon and give my X to my daughter, she's using a hand me down d2 with a broken screen. I might not, I'm really attached to this phone, like your favorite pliers or most comfortable jeans.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I actually like the hardware buttons. I wish more of the new phones had them. lol. ......... I especially like the hardware button for camera. (personal preference stuff)

My wife hates the clicking of my X hardware keys, capacitive keys are silent but are sensitive to accidentally presses.

I have no preference, both work well.

OP
M

music_man185

Reaction score
thanks for all the help everybody. i think i'm going to go with the x. my girlfriend on the other hand, is really digging the fascinate. so thats probably what she'll end up with.

i think the only thing i like about the fascinate is the incredibly detailed screen. but i dont think that is reason enough for me to get it. and when the two phones are not side by side, i dont think it will as big of a difference anyway.