is jelly bean coming to the maxx

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I'm planning on getting the Maxx HD when it arrives. How is it without a physical keyboard?

Sent from a Droid2 Using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

I used to think I had to have a physical keyboard hence I got an og droid... until I discovered swype (where all you do is glide your finger over the letters in the word and it automatically knows what word you are intending to type). Once I started using swype, I never went back to opening that keyboard on that og droid. While you wait for the Maxx HD to be released try out the swype keyboards to see if it will work for you. Currently I am using Go Keyboard but TouchPal and FlexT9 is also good. If your phone has stock swype capabilities, you can start with enabling that. You may find that you prefer swype more than the physical keyboard.

On the other hand, there are several that have tried swype and not liked it. There are also some people that thought they needed to have the physical keyboard but when moving to the phones with the larger screens, they said that they didn't feel a need for a physical keyboard. If swype doesn't appeal to you, try the virtual keyboard on a friends phone with a larger screen (Razr, Maxx, SG3, Rezound, etc) or try it on the Verizon store demos...see how that works. It will give you an idea how you will feel without the physical keyboard.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
jtc303 said:
Maxx here... Great phone, very pleased with it

Oh no doubt its a great phone. Its just that it had a bad start with the ics update.

Apps won't open, bad battery, email won't work, etc; but it seems alot of the issues have been fixed or atleast worked on.

jtc303

Reaction score
DevilDogMP said:
Oh no doubt its a great phone. Its just that it had a bad start with the ics update.

Apps won't open, bad battery, email won't work, etc; but it seems alot of the issues have been fixed or atleast worked on.

I guess thats hit or miss because I haven't had any of those issues

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
jtc303 said:
I guess thats hit or miss because I haven't had any of those issues

Me neither. I think it all depends on if the person did an fdr or not..Almost all of those that did have problems, they were fixed by doing an fdr.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

flik623

Reaction score
Motorola has promised all phones that they released from 2011 til now will get updated to jelly bean or they will give you $100 towards a new phone if your model does not

I would assume since the razr and razr maxx came out in 2012 they will update it to jelly bean.....i cant see them paying all that money out to people....since they razr and maxx sold a ton if units

dennyls

Reaction score
Razr Maxx working much much better than my old Nexus

How do u like ur razor Max ?? I'm coming from a nexus and would like ur opinion overall if u don't mind

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

It's along story, but I gave up on my Galaxy Nexus (after 5 phones with mute and other problems) and switched to the Maxx. The phone portion (making and receiving calls) works fabulously compared to any of the Nexus's. In over a week, I've had only one dropped call on the Maxx. I'd have 2 or 3 dropped or "muted" calls a day on all of the Nexus's.

Also, the battery life on the Maxx is amazing. I'm not a heavy user, but I would have to charge my Nexus's often during the middle of the day. The Maxx has 70% charge left after a full day of use.

That said, I liked the look and feel, and display of the Nexus better. But all in all, I'm very happy with the Razr Maxx.

Domestic violence

Reaction score
i think the Maxx is constructed much better, has a WAY stronger signal (LTE) and the battery life is just ridiculous. i am 100% happy with the switch and regret not buying the Razr (like i planned to) when i bought the Nexus on release day.