Jelly Bean

olona

Reaction score
I cant wait for jelly bean to hit us maxx users..One question though... What more will it give us?? Will it bring us up to all the newer phones??

Reaction score
If you means in terms of the version of Jelly Bean then yes and no. I believe that the MAXX will get 4.1.2 but 4.2 is out already on some newer devices. Correct me if I am wrong forum. I did not check my facts.

OP
olona

olona

Reaction score
Well to tell you the truth I'm pleased with my Maxx. I just keep on hearing about Jelly Bean update. And I know we'll get it soon but wow, the way these razrs sit now Im very pleased...I actually use my Maxx for everything.. And I mean everything.. lol

OP
olona

olona

Reaction score
Yesterday I went to Verizon to by some screen protectors and I saw the maxx hd..Wow very nice but I just couldn't see me buying it..It doesn't seem all that different.Heck I bought my maxx 6 months ago lol..Anyways the lady said the only real difference is that the hd has jelly bean.So that's why I was asking the question..

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
Jellybean for the og razrs was leaked Christmas morning. Now its debatable how "finished" it is but I'm using it and its version 4.1.2 and working flawlessly and can happily say I have no issues with it. Other people say they have big problems. As far as an official update to Jellybean all we know is Q1 of 2013.

Edit: to answer your question on what it brings to the table. One for sure has to be better battery life than ICS I went from 12-14hours on ICS with heavy use to 18-20hours of heavy use. Another is "Google Now" which is super awesome. It also bring "Project Butter" which helps Jellybean run smoother when doing everyday things. And more minor changes like the lock screen, some new ringtones stuff like that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Yesterday I went to Verizon to by some screen protectors and I saw the maxx hd..Wow very nice but I just couldn't see me buying it..It doesn't seem all that different.Heck I bought my maxx 6 months ago lol..Anyways the lady said the only real difference is that the hd has jelly bean.So that's why I was asking the question..

Went from the RAZR to the RAZR maxx now have the maxx HD, my thoughts were yours. Til I got it, never drops 4g at 106dbs never even thought of putting it 3g lock. And the battery is albeit the same gives me 30% more life. Differences in performance is major. IMO.

If it's not HD it might as well be a newspaper.

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Went from the RAZR to the RAZR maxx now have the maxx HD, my thoughts were yours. Til I got it, never drops 4g at 106dbs never even thought of putting it 3g lock. And the battery is albeit the same gives me 30% more life. Differences in performance is major. IMO.

Other than obvious cosmetic changes. Difference is the HD screen and a slightly better processor and by slightly I mean .3ghz better Lol and I doubt you notice "30%" more battery life though with an HD screen. And being 15miles out of a major city I'm at -96dbs so keeping 4G is not a problem on my OG RAZR.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
My shop is within 3 miles of two 4g towers my house is on the other side of those 4g towers also within 3 miles. Freeway runs right next to them. I live in a county that has 5 million people in it and everybody drives around with GPS and cell phones. I know it sound illogical that my dbs are low (high) but I can post those facts too.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Random as of now screen shots.

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Considering your phone is sitting idle for 17%-24% of the time if you aren't getting more than a day of battery life I'd be worried. But since you are, those battery stats are not very surprising Lol I could easily pull over 24hrs if my phone sat untouched for that long.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I went from 2 day 16 hours average on GSAM now I'm at 2 days 2 hours granted only 25% yes the one one sitting idle is my typical weekend phone usage and after that weekend my average went to 2 days 13 hours if you noticed. But look at the other ones. I have no hidden agenda to pad my results. You're the one that inferred I was a liar. I have owned all 3 phones and you? Until you have you cannot speak of my experiences.

"stroped" of my razr maxx, poo.

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
I'm lucky if I get 10ish hours on my Maxx now after updating to the leaked Jelly Bean. Before it was roughly 18ish hours, depending on heavy or light usage. Don't know why my battery life decreased while everyone else's seems to be better :/

OP
olona

olona

Reaction score
I don't know..Ive checked out the maxx hd, I just see no reason to get it..Seems the same as the maxx.Even the Verizon rep told me, matter of fact a couple of them said that. They said wait for jelly bean..and you'll have the same..Motorola said it will bring the same across the board..Another words us maxx owners have top notch phones..Until they come out with a phone that cooks me dinner or drives me to work,,,,I'll stay with my awsome Maxx!