Is it time for the DX2?

tedZilla99

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm on my 2nd handset of the original Motorola Droid. I want to upgrade and thought the Bionic was the way to go, but that seems to be so far in the distance and I can't wait any more.

My question, to the community: is the Droid X2 the way to go, since it has the dual core processor? Not too worried about 4G but want to upgrade sooner than later. I don't root, I have the basic apps, with Swype keyboard, but I use my phone for everything. Thanks for the helps :)dancedroid

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would highly recommend another phone. I have the DROIDX and have used the X2, and I was very disappointed in the X2.

The Incredible 2 is what I would choose if I had to have another 3G phone. For 4G, the LG Revolution, Samsung DROID Charge or the HTC Thunderbolt.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

Zecpull

Reaction score
I have an X2.. and it is a great phone.. I came from both the Original Droid.. and the X.. The X2 is faster and the battery lasts better than the X. My only complaint is they have Not gotten GB on it. You will not believe the speed difference from the Original Droid.

kookk

Reaction score
Coming from an OG droid, you will love this phone, guaranteed. I was in the exact same situation, second og droid, needing an upgrade so I got a Droid x2. I love it to death.

However, there is a reason why I got a droid x2 and didn't wait for the bionic. I still had a year on my contract, with a quickly dying droid, I had to get the best bang for my buck, that was the Droid x2. If I had an ectra 600 bucks I'd wait for the bionic, but I didn't.

In your position, I say you should definitely wait for the bionic. A good amount of info has been discovered in the past couple days and it can't be further than a few months off. I highly recommend you wait.

mopar57

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
depends on how much you want to customizes, the x2 should have more developers ready/willing. The bionic might take a little while to get started.

OP
tedZilla99

tedZilla99

Reaction score
I have an X2.. and it is a great phone.. I came from both the Original Droid.. and the X.. The X2 is faster and the battery lasts better than the X. My only complaint is they have Not gotten GB on it. You will not believe the speed difference from the Original Droid.

What's GB?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Gingerbread which is Android 2.3

sent from my ZombieStomped X

Al Neri

Reaction score
I hope my phone doesn't update again as the last one has slowed it to a crawl (OG D1). Waiting til October for my new every 2 and hoping the Bionic is out by then.

OP
tedZilla99

tedZilla99

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I believe I will head over and check out the X2 and see if I like it.

porpoise hork

Reaction score

they should have it out soon.. from what i understand the DX 2.3.3 "beta" testing is going rather well..

so far Moto has been able (thanks to us) find bugs in the compass, LED notificaions, Home key ilumination, overall laggy performance in the new motoblur, adding or deleting contacts bug, Sync icon issues, reporting incorrect battery charge levels, unable to make phone calls randomly after updating to 2.3.3 (factory reset required to fix), just to name a few.

im sure once Moto fixes these issues with the DX 2.3.3 "beta" version they will release a patch for the DX and subsequantly full OTA for DX2.

jengas kahn

Reaction score
yeh son, you know itz be thyme for a DX2

wait, you mean like a cross between the DX and D2, right?