Should i get DX2 or wait?

silvers46

Reaction score
hello everyone im gonna let everybody else decide this one for me. right now i have a Droid 1 and am ready for a upgrade with big red so i wanted to get a opinion whether i should upgrade to the DX2 with accessory bundle the got going on or should i wait for something better. only thing i really like about DX2 is dual core and big screen not to fond of the hard buttons. also i really like the price right now its only gonna be $170 for everything so question is should i wait or upgrade now? thanks to all in advance

Also forgot to mention lte doesnt matter i probably wont see it for atleast a year

Last edited:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Personally, I'm willing to wait a bit. I know we could be waiting forever, but the X2 doesn't do it for me, my OG is still capable and for me to upgrade I'll need something pretty game changing.

Like you, I don't like the physical buttons on the DX model, or the camera hump.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'd wait.

I'm sure there are more 3g dual-core devices coming and i'm in no rush to get 4g, even though I'm in a 4g area.

wyld

Reaction score
I have a Droid x and trust me the Droid x2 isn't really that much of an upgrade for me that is for you it might be a good phone and there is Droid 3 coming I think dunno when

Sent from my rooted DroidX using DroidForums!

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would check out the DX2 sub forum on this site. Its definitely a decent looking phone. The people on the subforum are experiencing some pluses and minuses.

Sent from my fascinate

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Id wait, but you can't go wrong. Pretty much every android phone these days is great.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Travis798

Reaction score
I'm loving my x2 coming from an og droid. I didn't think I would like the physical buttons but I'm already used to them and like the fact that I don't accidentally hit the buttons all the time.

Overall I don't feel like I wasted my upgrade or anything. I'm personally happy with my x2

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
This is a qyestion asked all the time "should I wait or not" well really wait for what? The next phone and then the question will b again "should I wait or not" this is a on going thing....there will ALWAYS be a better and faster phone coming out so unless your a baller you can't keep up with them so if you like it get it is my logic

Blame the figures not me!!!

Sandso9

Reaction score
Im upgrading from a OG Droid to this on friday so id say go for it! its a good upgrade

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
While it's hard to not agree with the non-waiters, it's just different right now.

Phones are really changing in the next few months with dual cores and LTE.

Why use an upgrade on a DX2 when you can get a dual core LTE in a month or two. The DX2 can't do anything your DX1 or even OG can't do.

The most improvement you'll see is with LTE and you upgrade now, your city will definitely have LTE coverage before your next upgrade occurs. Mine already has great LTE coverage and I live in a medium sized city in North Carolina.

Obviously in the end it's all up to the user, whether they're tired of their phone, or it's slowing down ect... For me, I feel like there's some real "game changers" coming out in the next few months.

You can say there will be even better ones a few months after that, but nothing like the jump we're going to see with the Bionic, or whatever replaces it in the line up.

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
Considering that a OG Droid pushed to the limit is a very capable phone and the DX2 is not that huge of an upgrade I personally wouldn't go for it, but the waiting game sucks, just look at the Bionic fanclub.

OP
S

silvers46

Reaction score
well its looking kinda even right now though im starting to lean towards the wait side i really appreciate all the comments and future comments i figure ill give it a day or two to see what others have to say to be honest i would love to have the galaxy II or targa but i just dont know if i can keep playing the wait game but i still would like to hear what others have to say so once again thanks for all the replies:)

devinhfox

Reaction score
I was excited about dx2 until I saw they use the same horrid buttons.
Please verizon, just make 1 phone that doesn't suck.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Phones are really changing in the next few months with dual cores and LTE.

Why use an upgrade on a DX2 when you can get a dual core LTE in a month or two. The DX2 can't do anything your DX1 or even OG can't do.

The most improvement you'll see is with LTE and you upgrade now, your city will definitely have LTE coverage before your next upgrade occurs. Mine already has great LTE coverage and I live in a medium sized city in North Carolina.

The question is when will his city see LTE? Why bother with an upgrade to 4G and deal with the horrible battery life that plagues LTE devices right now if he wont have LTE access for another 1.5 to 2 years? Let say it will be another 1.5 to 2 years before he gets LTE access in his area. By the time he gets another upgrade, dual cores should be widely supported where as right now android itself may support dual cores, but most apps really dont.Plus 4G devices will be more common and by then we will see much better improvements to battery life for LTE devices.