D3 or DX2 Please help

VandyDroid

Reaction score
I searched before starting this thread but I could not find a thread concerning the comparison and likes of Droid 3 and the Droid X2. I have to choose between them. I am currently using the Droid 2 but I have to upgrade and I have the choice of D3 or DX2. Could someone tell me the differences? I have looked online at Verizon and it is very limited in the information it lists. I do not use the slide out keyboard on my D2 but I like the FFC of the D3. Thank you for helping me.dancedroid

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Pick the Droid3. As far as I know, it's probably better than the DX2 in almost every way. More features, 2.3, global capable, front camera, etc. Only downside is how onboard memory is used and how an sdcard reads as sd-ext, disregarding blur/moto app platform. A smaller screen means less pixelization too with that pentile! :laugh:

Sent from somewhere in a strangereal world.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Pick the Droid3. As far as I know, it's probably better than the DX2 in almost every way. More features, 2.3, global capable, front camera, etc. Only downside is how onboard memory is used and how an sdcard reads as sd-ext, disregarding blur/moto app platform. A smaller screen means less pixelization too with that pentile! :laugh:

Sent from somewhere in a strangereal world.

I agree 100%.

leonozug

Reaction score
I feel it comes down to wanting a physical keyboard(Droid 3)or not(DX2). The DX2 has a bigger screen, which I think is a plus. The D3 has a front facing camera and the X2 don't, so if you want to video chat it won't be happening on the DX2. But that too isn't a big deal in my book. I could take that or leave it. Biggest difference is physical keyboard or not.

grnidkjun

Reaction score
I have the X2 and yesterday was the first time I've run into the music players stopping in the middle of my play lists or even a song.
It just stops and I do Not have the music player in my auto end list.

I'm wondering if the D3 is having this issue.

Is it something gingerbread corrects that it might be worth hanging onto my x2 for or should I try to exchange for the d3 because d3 is not doing this at all.

Today is my last day on the 14 day period and this is the only issue I've had.
I've been able to side load PDANet no issue.
Music doesn't pop, it's just stopping.
Only one or two random reboots I think were caused by an update.

Thanks!

OP
V

VandyDroid

Reaction score
I picked D3 and I am loving it!!! I still have a lot to learn but I plan to spend some time in the droid forums to learn all about it. I am wondering if the web cam will allow skype video calls, does anyone know?? dancedroid