is it possible to have 2 phones on one line?

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you transfer you number from razor to droid or something?

Sent from a Liberated Droid 2 using the DF app.

Jordan8

Reaction score
Would call forwarding even work, considering he has a family plan already it'd still cost him an extra $40/mo considering both phones would need there own line & data plan?

The only method to accomplish this without adding a big chunk of money to your monthly bill(that I'm aware of) would be what several people have already mentioned, to switch your phone service back n forth.

Last edited:

kinfolk248

Reaction score
yes i do have a GV number but my current droid and my old phone both have the same number given by Verizon so how do i make this work?? so what im saying is phone A(new) and phone B(old) have the same number, (#123) but phone A has a GV number also, (# 456). am i missing something cus i cant wrap my mind around this, i think someone may need to hold my hand on this one lol...

its always the simple stuff that gets ya...smh

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Would call forwarding even work, considering he has a family plan already it'd still cost him an extra $40/mo considering both phones would need there own line & data plan?

The only method to accomplish this without adding a big chunk of money to your monthly bill(that I'm aware of) would be what several people have already mentioned, to switch your phone service back n forth.

yea thats what im thinking because i just cant understand this call forwarding thing for the life of me... the only thing i see is to just switch service between the two... butttttttttt idk....

Jordan8

Reaction score
yes i do have a GV number but my current droid and my old phone both have the same number given by Verizon so how do i make this work?? so what im saying is phone A(new) and phone B(old) have the same number, (#123) but phone A has a GV number also, (# 456). am i missing something cus i cant wrap my mind around this, i think someone may need to hold my hand on this one lol...

Wasn't aware you could have 2 phones on 1 line at the same time? Do both phones ring when somebody calls that lines number?

kinfolk248

Reaction score

Wasn't aware you could have 2 phones on 1 line at the same time? Do both phones ring when somebody calls that lines number?

verizon cut phone B off when phone A was purchased. i think thats what the OP and myself are trying to understand how to switch b/t the two

Jordan8

Reaction score

verizon cut phone B off when phone A was purchased. i think thats what the OP and myself are trying to understand how to switch b/t the two

Well the only ways I know of would be to:

1. Put both the phones on a different line(both would require data packages, as they're smartphones) & then either forward your calls when you need to use the old phone... or give people your google voice number & have it ring both phones.

2. Switch your service back n forth between the two lines.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
yea thats what i figured... but switching service isnt all too hard tho is it? its more so just calling verizon and tell them to turn which phone on right...

motoconvert

Reaction score
Call forwarding isnt an option because the second, old phone, wouldnt be activated. No service for the phone = no way for phone to ring or even dial out.

You can switch over the esn's on verizon's website...I would think that if you were calling vzw 14 times a day to "switch" phones they would get tired of that real fast...

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums App

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Call forwarding isnt an option because the second, old phone, wouldnt be activated. No service for the phone = no way for phone to ring or even dial out.

You can switch over the esn's on verizon's website...I would think that if you were calling vzw 14 times a day to "switch" phones they would get tired of that real fast...

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums App

yea that would piss me off too lol. id be like y does this guy keep calling to switch service like really lol lol.

but i can switch online myself tho, didnt knw tht...

OP
Russ2387

Russ2387

Reaction score
when i switched from my lg Dare (god awful phone) to my droid 1, both were on the same # for a few weeks. until i called them. it took several techs too figure out how to turn off the dare. the only thing that they could come up with is that both phones were on during the droids activation. i will have my droid on during the thunderbolt activation, though im quite sure it won't happen again.

im sure it was a fluke. but it IS possible. was just hoping someone knew of a way to do this "on demand".

Last edited:
OP
Russ2387

Russ2387

Reaction score
last night i was so excited thinking all i had to do is get a 2nd line for $10 a month and use an app to foward all my calls. but .... then it dawned on me (it was late for me so dont laugh too hard) i would also need a data plan.... so $40 a month to preserve a phone...

Jordan8

Reaction score
last night i was so excited thinking all i had to do is get a 2nd line for $10 a month and use an app to foward all my calls. but .... then it dawned on me (it was late for me so dont laugh too hard) i would also need a data plan.... so $40 a month to preserve a phone...

Yep, you can dial *228 & change the line your phone is on in ~30secs.