So 2.2 bricked my phone but verizon doesnt have any droids

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyb38

Reaction score
I know for an absolute fact that your phone could have been fixed in 10 minutes. Every Verizon corporate store has the software to flash the 2.2 update to your phone as well as step by step spelled out rules on how to do it. I will bet my house on it. I also know for a fact that there are CLNR Droids in stock if needed, at least as of Friday afternoon at 3pm CST.

mdloops

Reaction score
Could have been fixed. Could we put an end to useless threads?

The phone could have been fixed if you just got the community involved to help.

Nope, that won't work.

Why do you say that won't work?
Because it didn't work.

A truly bricked phone will literally do nothing-not power up, not light up, nothing. If you are getting to the M logo, then it can be fixed and recovered. It's just a question of how much time and effort you want to put into it, and from the sound of what's going on trying to get a replacement, some quality time with RSDLite is probably worthwhile here.
What a silly thing to say. You have absolutely no supporting facts for that statement.

I have dozens of examples in support of my statement.

As far as wanting to replace a five month old phone with one that does little different or one that's too big for most pockets, well, that's just as I stated initially, silly on its face.

mdloops

Reaction score
Absolutely! Since these threads are coming up mainly after the arrival of two new phones... Verizon has been in the business a while, and I think they see through it all.
I know for an absolute fact that your phone could have been fixed in 10 minutes. Every Verizon corporate store has the software to flash the 2.2 update to your phone as well as step by step spelled out rules on how to do it. I will bet my house on it. I also know for a fact that there are CLNR Droids in stock if needed, at least as of Friday afternoon at 3pm CST.

Mojo

Reaction score
If the 2.2 update made your phone get stuck at the "M" logo your phone is not bricked. Not even close. The solution is simple. Download the leaked official 2.2 and rename to update (so its update.zip) and place on root of SD card. Boot into recovery and apply update.zip.

Tech support cannot tell you this because you cannot download it from vzam.com. I have fixxed several devices in my store like this.

phartwig

Reaction score
Nope, that won't work.

Why do you say that won't work?
Because it didn't work.

A truly bricked phone will literally do nothing-not power up, not light up, nothing. If you are getting to the M logo, then it can be fixed and recovered. It's just a question of how much time and effort you want to put into it, and from the sound of what's going on trying to get a replacement, some quality time with RSDLite is probably worthwhile here.
What a silly thing to say. You have absolutely no supporting facts for that statement.

I have dozens of examples in support of my statement.

As far as wanting to replace a five month old phone with one that does little different or one that's too big for most pockets, well, that's just as I stated initially, silly on its face.

As others have stated yeah it could have been fixed. You just don't know how to do it. I jacked mine up bad once (my fault yes) wouldn't boot just kept resetting. I searched, found the stock 2.1 used some rsd love and back to work it went. As long as you can get into bootloader it can be flashed. Then re rooted and back on 2.2 bb goodness I am . I speak from personal experience.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not everyone feels comfortable with RSD and they shouldn't have to seek that route if it was an OTA that caused the problem and they have never even contemplated Rooting their device, VZW should be responsible

EbE404

Reaction score
Not everyone feels comfortable with RSD and they shouldn't have to seek that route if it was an OTA that caused the problem and they have never even contemplated Rooting their device, VZW should be responsible

I absolutely agree-at the end of the day, if something from Verizon caused the issue, they they should try to take care of it.

My only point was that if there were going to be a lot of problems trying to get Verizon to step up, they didn't have a phone to offer as a replacement at that time, and if there was nothing else to lose, taking a stab at some DIY alternatives might have been an option.

DJRobNM

Reaction score
This is exactly what happened to me so I showed it to verizon to get a new droid since mine was pretty banged up.

Then I came home, manually updated using update.zip, had a working phone in five minutes.

dbn

Reaction score

Maybe so, but were I in the OP's position with the possibility of not having a phone for a while, then I would at least try.

BlueSami

Reaction score
So this happened to my buddies. It tried to installed the update. It failed. So now oys stuck at the m logo.
Although he said he can't get into the stock recovery.
But u guys are saying the best fix id to put 2.2 updar.zip.and try installing it?
What of I do the sbf way?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

EbE404

Reaction score

BlueSami

Reaction score
Great. I have done this before. But all thiis talk from some ppl saying it wont work was scaring me. Not that I wasnt going to try it anyways. Lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
S

Skiracing108

Reaction score
I just really don't feel comfortable trying that stuff. I mean I'm pretty good with computers and phones but somehow I got lucky and got one of the last few 3000 motorola droids in the warehouse and I will have mine tomorrow. Its not a small percentage of people that this happened to which I read on here, It's actually a very big problem because there were 3000 phones left 2 days ago and now there is 0 left

Status
Not open for further replies.