Is Droid Turbo getting Lollipop?

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmm........ What DO we Know? That We as a culture have steadily diminishing patience.
What was once an "acceptable" period of time as in, "I'll call you back" which used to be in a day or two has become 10 minutes.
How many of us have 2 seconds showing on our microwaves? We couldn't wait?
I say, Whatever comes will hopefully arrive when it does and it won't screw anything up If it arrives.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
:p

Yea, don't give it to the guy that actually SUPPORTS the phones in his office. What sense would that make?!?!?

/edit/ Eh... they know I couldn't keep my mouth shut and WOULD spill the beans.

1coopgt

Reaction score
Riiiiiiiiight... It's the same one...exactly as @bsweetness said.. These things happen.. I also remember the soak for the maxx... It was on hold so long that it was suspected to have been given up on.. Then poof... It happened..

What is known about the turbo soak is that people in the soak grew impatient and wondered what was happening.. And I'm told that an announcement was made.... They had issues and the soak would happen.. But they just weren't ready yet.

That's the thing about soaks..I've seen soaks that happened, but vzw announced the software before it was even approved or tested... I've seen soaks like the one for the maxx.. That seemed they would never happen..

You can bet that if moto sent out invites.. And then put it on hold.. They found something very wrong.. Or vzw wants more bloat garbage in the update..

Also.. As a moto owner.. If you're interested in soaks.. Go join the moto owners forum.. Then register your device and opt in for soak tests... They take pretty much anyone that willing to particip

Iate..

I've been through a couple of soak tests my self with the Razr Maxx . I'm signed up as a volunteer for the Turbo too . I didn't get an invite this time around . I know you don't always get an invite . Sorry about being skeptical . Just have never seen them pull back before .

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Right.. Its like when my mom used to make beans.. Lol.. Let it soak.. Lol..

Seriously though I wonder what's going on.. I know a few people that were invited and they are still locked out of normal interaction on the moto owners forum..

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
It's also possible that the issue is from Qualcomm. Since they have to release the code to work with their SoCs, and both the S5 and Turbo use their 805 SoC, if there's an issue with the kernel or drivers killing the battery life, Qualcomm (who obviously is having problems with their 810 silicon) may be doing major damage control.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
S5 coworker with Lollipop is seeing no issues so far. 5 days in.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Saw this in Droid Life " While it was most impressive the way Verizon and Samsung pushed out Lollipop, surprising owners of the Galaxy S5 a couple of weeks ago, we are getting reports from readers that the update is destroying their battery life. "

So it needs more soaking perhaps

And right after that it says: "Since we are not receiving emails every 5 minutes, detailing the trouble Lollipop is causing their Galaxy S5, we have a feeling that this issue is only affecting a relatively small amount of people who updated their devices." ;)

Normally there are people who complain of poor battery life following an update on every phone, especially a major update like this one. Most of the time, the complaints come from people who don't do a factory reset following installation or from people who have apps installed that get hung up somehow due to the update (often due to compatibility issues).

That said, the Verizon S5 update is 5.0. 5.0 had some issues baked in that caused decreased battery life. These issues were partially addressed in 5.0.1 and 5.0.2. It's possible some of that is still lingering. 5.1 is rumored to be on the horizon as a major bug squasher.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Better to Be Patient than getting a Product loading up our Turbos with Problems

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah.. After it happened to the maxx... I'm afraid that soakers will get an update that borks their devices.. But i believe those devices may have been rooted.. Idk..
And the turbo isn't rootable

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Lets hope your last comment of the Turbo not being Rootable doesnt stay true. Guess that is some of the Pitfalls of a Phone Exclusive to a Single Carrier and Verizon to boot.

Last edited by a moderator: