Check out this drip: Motorola Droid Turbo Getting Lollipop in Mid-June

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Got the Turbo, now I just have to find the right case for it. I didn't like the ones they had, but before I order one, wasn't there some issue with cases and the Turbo, where if you got the ballistic nylon model, the standard metal fiber cases wouldn't fit, they were too tight?

Looking for something protective, but minimalist, I want to keep the phone sleek and not attract fingerprints...

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Got the Turbo, now I just have to find the right case for it. I didn't like the ones they had, but before I order one, wasn't there some issue with cases and the Turbo, where if you got the ballistic nylon model, the standard metal fiber cases wouldn't fit, they were too tight?

Looking for something protective, but minimalist, I want to keep the phone sleek and not attract fingerprints...

Kinda off topic, but hey! You do have to buy the right case, but most will come in two models. I'm also a minimalist and have this one...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QPAPZJU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

And I LOVE it! No regrets, couldn't be more satisfied.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cool, ordered one of the, the one that is part clear and part frosted...

Any reason why this phone is so late in getting Lollipop? Even the Samsung phones got it already. LOL

Wynnded01

Reaction score
Cool, ordered one of the, the one that is part clear and part frosted...

Any reason why this phone is so late in getting Lollipop? Even the Samsung phones got it already. LOL
It could possibly be summed up by saying it's due to the combination of its hardware, and the requirements of Verizon. We'll get our lollipop pretty soon here, then get M in probably a year. Then we will all probably have moved on to what we hope is the latest and greatest.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'll probably jump on the next iteration of droids... If they offer a decent step up.. I hope they're supported better than the turbo has been.. That said my turbo has been an awesome device.. But like most.. I'd like to have seen 5.x before or by now.. That said... I've enjoyed the phone for the most part

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
I'll probably jump on the next iteration of droids... If they offer a decent step up.. I hope they're supported better than the turbo has been.. That said my turbo has been an awesome device.. But like most.. I'd like to have seen 5.x before or by now.. That said... I've enjoyed the phone for the most part
Possibility that they'll go back to SD card storage on board. Lenovo is notorious for having SD card expansion on their devices they sell abroad. Kind of looking forward to this transition.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

JDH

Reaction score
The Turbo is a case, ballistic nylon over Kevlar on the back and G glass III on the front. Plus water resistant. Be Brave, Be Nakeed !!

MarBearCat

Reaction score
The Turbo is a case, ballistic nylon over Kevlar on the back and G glass III on the front. Plus water resistant. Be Brave, Be Nakeed !!
The Turbo is beautiful naked but a tad slippery for me. I love my
St. Louis Rams Otter Box Defender case.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I too... Keep mine in a defender...

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I didn't realize the Turbo wasn't on Lollipop. Fear not, you aren't missing much!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm going to need a new case soon.. This defender broke while I took it off to clean all of the crud that gets in it..

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I'm going to need a new case soon.. This defender broke while I took it off to clean all of the crud that gets in it..
I hated that when I used the defender....seems like the dust and crap scratches the phone...:(