is anyone still checking up for their update?

SCREWd2V

Reaction score
Playin the hurry up and wait game.

Sent from my Fist, using your Face

Scott0719

Reaction score
brucefulton said:
So, when you say, "nothing in St. Louis" do you really mean to assert that no one in St. Louis has received OTA, or that you live in St. Louis and you haven't? There is a big difference. I'm not sure how helpful the latter is unless there is some pretty good evidence that the OTA rollout is geographically based.

Well I doubt he knows if no one has received it. He's just saying where he's from like everyone in here.

stang64

Reaction score
I'm in Chicago and nothing yet, not even the notification about getting it. Oh well, I'll get it when I get it.

MightyT01

Reaction score
Wife got her ICS Saturday. Still waiting for my dessert in North Florida. At least I can play with her phone. :D

Sent from my rooted Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk2.

HankB

Reaction score
Wife got her ICS Saturday. Still waiting for my dessert in North Florida. At least I can play with her phone. :D
That seems to indicate that location is not important WRT when you get the update.

I would expect VZW to distribute the units selected for update across their service area to avoid overloading the network in any one area, even if their servers are located in one place. It could be as simple as permitting the "next" system that checks for update availability once some previous system has completed the download. If I were programming this, that's the kind of strategy I would choose. Of course it would be simpler to just divide up the IMEI numbers into batches and enable one batch every day until all are covered.

Their system is presently mocking me with "Your device us up to date! ..." when I know it is not.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I can understand the cell phone structure being overwhelmed by something like 9/11 BUT a software update?
Again, I find it to be a ploy in order to generate Forum "Chatter".
The cell phone industry is highly competetive with only a few carriers biding for consumer dollars.
Without new product release the only other way to create "excitement" is stuff like this.
Think about it, IF it had all been over in a day - It would have ALL been over in a day.
This way it has dragged on for months. Just another example of the Marketing Machine playing us for Monkeys and we do this :icon_ banana:waiting for our "snack"

Scott0719

Reaction score
HankB said:
Their system is presently mocking me with "Your device us up to date! ..." when I know it is not.

I get so mad when I see that! Yet I keep checking :-(

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
The "check for updates" button has taken me to "Not available at this time" Land for the last 10-20 minutes.

Maybe it got turned Off by the scarey Man behind the curtain :sad-b:

William_04_x

Reaction score
CaptainSS said:
The "check for updates" button has taken me to "Not available at this time" Land for the last 10-20 minutes.

Maybe it got turned Off by the scarey Man behind the curtain :sad-b:

You're on deck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

bullswife98

Reaction score
Don't know if its any comfort here but I've been to Moto's update site and they've updated there time line and we've moved to test faze now so it won't be much longer.. I'm betting on a Thursday release for the mass of us, and as usual roll out is in waves so may continue through the weekend. Not a guarantee (provided that the testing went well) but its the norm for Moto/Verizon user's.

TAG YOUR IT!!!
VERIZON DROID RAZR Original :)