is anyone still checking up for their update?

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Check the " Ics this week" thread seems there may be a delay

Again, I am amazed. Battery Useage is or would be a surprise to Software Engineers, Really? Is it not more plausible that soakers would be likely to use their devices more during "testing" either by design or just nature? Wouldn't that "appear" to be Battery Drain?
Wow.
When designing the ICS over the last Year! They didn't measure battery useage in a controlled environment?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
CaptainSS said:
Again, I am amazed. Battery Useage is or would be a surprise to Software Engineers, Really? Is it not more plausible that soakers would be likely to use their devices more during "testing" either by design or just nature? Wouldn't that "appear" to be Battery Drain?
Wow.
When designing the ICS over the last Year! They didn't measure battery useage in a controlled environment?

Exactly!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

m3incorp

Reaction score
I just received email that is sent to testers stating that soak test will end tonight and roll-out will begin soon. To publish on public forums to help those that will will soon get Ice Cream.

poluhbear

Reaction score
Would be nice if it came through today. Headed to a town with good 4G coverage and I've got a full battery charge :)

poluhbear

Reaction score
Good to hear and i hope so cause I'm sitting in class all day and could help the update time fly by since I won't b checking it every 5 mins lol.

William_04_x

Reaction score
I'm checking everyday now too. Where's Jellybean? LOL

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

poluhbear

Reaction score
So now I'm supposta wait till tomorrow for the supposed "ics push to the remaining people?" sigh. Tho I guess there is a lil under 2.5 hrs left n the day...

brucefulton

Reaction score
So now I'm supposta wait till tomorrow for the supposed "ics push to the remaining people?" sigh. Tho I guess there is a lil under 2.5 hrs left n the day...
The Phone | System | Check for updates increments a counter. The more hits, the further down the OTS queue you are placed. It's your punishment.

Geez, people, haven't you ever heard of the Standford Marshmallow Delayed Gratification experiment?

"Those 4-year-old children who delayed gratification longer in certain laboratory situations developed into more cognitively and socially competent adolescents, achieving higher scholastic performance and coping better with frustration and stress."

Didn't learn your lesson, huh?

Um, it will come. And remember, from a user perspective, this is a relatively minor update.

Yikes.

William_04_x

Reaction score
I can wait for Marshmallow as long as Jellybean gets pushed today.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums