Is anyone else dropping Verizon when they're contract runs out?

diablo81588

Reaction score
They throttle me practically the same time every month. Always when I go over the 2 gig mark. Been keeping a check on it for 3 months. Always the same.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND

Are you in a 4g area? As far as I understood, they don't throttle LTE.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

cdm369

Reaction score
diablo81588 said:
Are you in a 4g area? As far as I understood, they don't throttle LTE.

No...we are suppose to be 4g by the end of the year. Ive heard it was so much better. I will be glad.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
diablo81588 said:
Holy hell. Stop being cheap and using your cell phone as your home internet connection. You couldn't possibly use 60 gigs of data on your phone alone. People like you are ruining it for everyone else.

I use it for xbox, movies, tv shows, i use the lapdock feature i browse the internet constantly i am already at 43.256 gigs for the month its my service ill use it how i like to besides if i got home internet i would never use it cuz i dont have anything that would use it except my xbox

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
My contract is up July 2013. Been with VZW for 5 years. Tired of my wallet being drained like a sieve.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
My contract is up July 2013. Been with VZW for 5 years. Tired of my wallet being drained like a sieve.

At some point, the service doesn't justify the cost. This did it for me. I know I won't be affected by it right now, but who's to say that in two years time I won't have to switch to share everything? Adios, VZ

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

nikecar

Reaction score
We are locked for 2 yrs as the wife just got a phone and I upgraded to a new Rezound.

that said, in 2 years, we will reevaluate based on the market and what VZW is doing. I am the only one on Unlimited data from all our family, the rest did the double the data (4G) so they won't be going anywhere. However, I'll be a free agent in 2 yrs and will pick the plan and carrier to what works best for the wife and I.

thegreatone3

Reaction score
As long as I'm not forced onto one of the shared plans (right now I have a single line with 450 minutes and 1,000 texts) and I can keep my 4 gb for $30 (4G double data promo), I'll stay. Somehow I have a feeling that this is going to be a big "If" around 16 months from now when my contract ends. :what:

Last edited:

Dolphin

Reaction score
So, with Verizon dropping they're unlimited data, is anyone dropping Big Red when they're contact runs out? I just renewed my contract and went with the Razr Maxx and was able to keep my unlimited data for two more years. However, in two years when I have to scratch my signature on a new contract, Verizon can bite me. Verizon had a great thing going until they took away our unlimited data and the statement Verizon gave about the reason why, just shows how much they are about the money and not the consumer. It's just not worth the money anymore. I will either be going with a carrier that still has unlimited data in 2 years or a pay as you go phone. Verizon is out of control!

I don't understand why everyone thinks they should get to keep unlimited data forever just because they got it when they signed a 2 year contract. Verizon has to honor that 2 year contract but after that they can do whatever they want to do. Do I like the fact that I will be losing unlimited data in 2 years no I don't but I also knew it was coming, tho I figured ATT would be the first to do it. The cell phone companies never dreamed people would use the amount of data that some use on their phones and if they had they would have never offered unlimited data to start with. You can change companies but you have to look at more then what data package they offer you have to look at service area and what kind of signal you get in your area. For me Verizon is the best and has the lest amount of problems where I live so there is no way I will leave them for another company that gets crappy coverage in my town. Another point just because sprint and tmoble offer unlimited data now doesn't mean that will last forever they will do a way with it one day too and then will they let you grandfather it in and if they do for how long.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I looked around at Sprint, AT&T, and T-mobile. While all three of them are around the same price. They are still over what I pay now for my 4 line unlimited data. So, as long as I can keep my plan I'm staying.

Slammed97Chevy

Reaction score
Yeah, Verizon is def the best around here in East Texas.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

cdm369

Reaction score
Dolphin said:
I don't understand why everyone thinks they should get to keep unlimited data forever just because they got it when they signed a 2 year contract. Verizon has to honor that 2 year contract but after that they can do whatever they want to do. Do I like the fact that I will be losing unlimited data in 2 years no I don't but I also knew it was coming, tho I figured ATT would be the first to do it. The cell phone companies never dreamed people would use the amount of data that some use on their phones and if they had they would have never offered unlimited data to start with. You can change companies but you have to look at more then what data package they offer you have to look at service area and what kind of signal you get in your area. For me Verizon is the best and has the lest amount of problems where I live so there is no way I will leave them for another company that gets crappy coverage in my town. Another point just because sprint and tmoble offer unlimited data now doesn't mean that will last forever they will do a way with it one day too and then will they let you grandfather it in and if they do for how long.

I hate to lose unlimited but I'm more disgusted at the gig packages being offered in the family share plan. I think that is what's really bad here. Way overpriced. 30$ unlimited to 50$ for 1 gig. That's bad!!!

Sent from my HTC REZOUND

Dolphin

Reaction score
I hate to lose unlimited but I'm more disgusted at the gig packages being offered in the family share plan. I think that is what's really bad here. Way overpriced. 30$ unlimited to 50$ for 1 gig. That's bad!!!

Sent from my HTC REZOUND

I do have to agree with that the share everything plans are crazy and need to be rethought imo. Forcing people to take unlimited voice and text not everyone needs unlimited text and voice but would like to use 2 or 3 gb of data a month and don't have a problem paying a fair price for the data they use. People will be going over the data and will be upset because they will try to get everyone in the family to collectively stay under 1 gb and that will be hard to do. ATT has a 300 mb data plan and I don't see how people stay under that they have to be using wifi all the time. Well there are a lot of places I go that don't have wifi and I didn't pay for a smart phone to be limited on when I can use it.

Drumwolf

Reaction score
To be honest, the unlimited data is the only reason why we have stuck with VZW. When the contract on my wife's R2 unit expires in December, she is most likely switching to a pay-as-you-go phone. Once the contract on my Razr expires, I'm moving to a different (as of yet, undetermined) company. I, for one, am sick of the rising costs for less value, the lies regarding software updates and hardware, their proprietary network, and the crummy selection of locked-down phones. To make matters worse, they have dropped all of their loyalty rewards, and there is now no incentive to stay with them. I refuse to be locked into another 2 years of it.

Unlimited was the only reason most people stuck around, unless it came down to how well the service was compared to others here. At&t & Verizon are neck & neck in my area of Oregon. Verizon just doesn't offer anything good anymore & that's a shame, but I understand they have to make money, just not off me.

More of a joke than the 0.7 down I receive on VZ when I'm NOT being throttled?
I am halfway into my cycle; have used only 200mb's of data & I am currently being throttled on 3g iPhone 4s at 0.72 mb/s down & 0.92 mb/s up & it's 6:16pm PST I know we're being throttled.

At some point, the service doesn't justify the cost. This did it for me. I know I won't be affected by it right now, but who's to say that in two years time I won't have to switch to share everything? Adios, VZ

Don't worry, in time the others will see the light & go for a better deal. I wish I was in Seattle or Portland and got wifi practically everywhere.

Fonzz

Reaction score
Wow, just wow, I'm laughing my azz off at all the people who think that 60 gigs is a lot. They must not have seen my posts about data usage in the past.
I pay an extra 30 each month for the hotspot feature and I'll use it as I please. I also use a VPN so my internet providers cannot see what I'm doing (I'm prepared, and out of reach of the copyright crackdown that's coming, ha!)
I will not be getting another subsidized phone.
I will be among the last unlimited data users on Verizon.
If I want a new phone, I'll get an almost new one from someone who got it subsidized and now wants yet another, latest, greatest.
I have a good tower near my home and I'm never throttled while I use 4G.
OMG, I just love watching all the latest greatest movies for free in 720 or 1080P (my choice) w/DTS sound on my media player, especially since I get to watch them a couple of weeks before the same movies are even released on DVD and Blue-ray. I don't even need to pay for HBO or Showtime anymore, everything good from there is available as well.
T.D. Rocks!!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score