Is anyone else dropping Verizon when they're contract runs out?

OP
cthebadge38

cthebadge38

Reaction score
cybertec69 said:
Did not mean to offend you, it's just you must be the one of thousands that keep asking the same question, I just hope the mods will make my post a sticky one:)

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

None taken brother. Thanks for the good news. Just have this bad feeling that somehow or another they are going to yank the unlimited eventually for those of us who refuse to renew our contract.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
cthebadge38 said:
None taken brother. Thanks for the good news. Just have this bad feeling that somehow or another they are going to yank the unlimited eventually for those of us who refuse to renew our contract.

Well then, we either stay or go, no one is forcing us to do anything, but if it does happen, by then we will surely know what the price structure the other carriers will have, and I have a feeling Verizon will have the better one.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Since I just got my Rezound a few months ago I have a ways to go on my contract. Let's see what happens then. A lot can happen in a year and a half.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

TatDroid

Reaction score
cdm369 said:
They are already throttling unlimited data. They've been doing it to me for years. I use right at 4 gigs a month and after I hit 2 gigs my phone drags until the new billing cycle. Does it every month.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND

Well, we found out what syndicate0017's problem is - no 4G. I guess you must not have 4G in your area either.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm not going anywhere. I have gone over 2gigs twice in 3 years, so unlimited is pointless for me. Plus, I'm not on a family plan, so the tiered data won't apply. I do think that the only time I will upgrade again will be if/when they offer another double the data. The problem with having limited data, as a customer so nicely said yesterday, every year the phones get faster and faster, they are capable of more and more, and they simply require more data usage. I had a customer today who installs AT&T U-verse tell me that it costs them $12 a month to send a signal to a phone...$12!!! He also said that his Sprint phone is getting speeds slower than dial up on his HTC Evo. They have taken down a bunch of the 3g signals to replace them with 4g, but they are waiting to start them up all at the same time. Which would explain all of the customers I've had recently that are switching off Sprint.

Anyway, like I said, I'm not going anywhere...and I really couldn't anyway, since I have unpaid ETF's with TMo and AT&T lol

npro1464

Reaction score
I think im going to return the GS3 and wait out the rest of my year lefton my contract. I might go to GSM prepaids or go to Sprint. Either way, i dont think I want to be locked into another 2 year contract with the way the company has been moving. Im going somewhere else, and my entire family is probably going to follow suit.

Its a shame, i really wanted that phone...

VooDooCC

Reaction score
I've got unlimited and rarely even use 1 gig just because the service inside my house is so poor that it pretty much forces me to use wifi, and I no longer work. My upgrade date is 7/22 and they won't let me upgrade early. I thought about switching off just out of principle, but around here they are pretty much the only option. We were one of the areas that kept AllTel, if that says anything. I'll just wait and buy a new phone outright when my Droid 2 goes.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm happy with Rezound. Just waiting on CM9 and then I'm good to go for a long time. If and when my phone starts slowing down under ram heavy apps/roms that I actually need and use, then I'll just grab a 6-month old phone off EBAY. But it wouldn't kill me to go with a 2gig plan - hardly ever go over 1gig.

diablo81588

Reaction score
If you use more than 2 gigs of data per month you are considered a heavy user and are subject to throttling. Verizon only throttles when the tower you are connected to is nearing capacity. Otherwise, no matter how much data you use, you will have the full speed. Also, users with 4g phones are not throttled at all, nor people with tiered data. You must have a 3g phone with unlimited data in order to be throttled. Even then, there is a big difference between throttling and network optimization. On Verizon, you will only be slowed down if the tower is full, versus Tmobile and other carriers will throttle you for the rest of your billing cycle.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

cdm369

Reaction score
diablo81588 said:
If you use more than 2 gigs of data per month you are considered a heavy user and are subject to throttling. Verizon only throttles when the tower you are connected to is nearing capacity. Otherwise, no matter how much data you use, you will have the full speed. Also, users with 4g phones are not throttled at all, nor people with tiered data. You must have a 3g phone with unlimited data in order to be throttled. Even then, there is a big difference between throttling and network optimization. On Verizon, you will only be slowed down if the tower is full, versus Tmobile and other carriers will throttle you for the rest of your billing cycle.

They throttle me practically the same time every month. Always when I go over the 2 gig mark. Been keeping a check on it for 3 months. Always the same.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND

gabemtz83

Reaction score
Ok this is getting out of hand. All you crybabies mad about losing your unlimited data and so forth, the majority of us on these forums use illegal apps like wifi tether and all. The vast majority of people will not need unlimited data to meet their needs. I for one am going to save 60 a month on the new plans and sharing 10gb a month. Go ahead and give sprint your money for their so called "unlimited data" which is only good when you are on their towers!!! READ THE FINE PRINT!! Their service is average at best with no true lte to speak of. Tmobile is a joke!! sure they are cheap but their network is garbage. Most people qualify for corporate discounts which will make the new plans affordable, plus get free wifi tethering without rooting? win situation for most. Plus 10 bucks to add my ipad and share my data? 10 more for my xyboard? +1 for verizon... Sure losing unlimited data and that peace of mind sucks but at least i can make a phone call in most places other carriers cant!!

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
gabemtz83 said:
Ok this is getting out of hand. All you crybabies mad about losing your unlimited data and so forth, the majority of us on these forums use illegal apps like wifi tether and all. The vast majority of people will not need unlimited data to meet their needs. I for one am going to save 60 a month on the new plans and sharing 10gb a month. Go ahead and give sprint your money for their so called "unlimited data" which is only good when you are on their towers!!! READ THE FINE PRINT!! Their service is average at best with no true lte to speak of. Tmobile is a joke!! sure they are cheap but their network is garbage. Most people qualify for corporate discounts which will make the new plans affordable, plus get free wifi tethering without rooting? win situation for most. Plus 10 bucks to add my ipad and share my data? 10 more for my xyboard? +1 for verizon... Sure losing unlimited data and that peace of mind sucks but at least i can make a phone call in most places other carriers cant!!

Yeah but the people who are upset are the single line guys cuz the benefit is only directed towards families me i go through an average of 60 gigs a month so i need my unlimited

diablo81588

Reaction score
They throttle me practically the same time every month. Always when I go over the 2 gig mark. Been keeping a check on it for 3 months. Always the same.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND

You must be in a high density area. You shouldn't get throttled unless the tower is full.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
sargentmajord said:
Yeah but the people who are upset are the single line guys cuz the benefit is only directed towards families me i go through an average of 60 gigs a month so i need my unlimited

60 gigs a month, are you serious.

diablo81588

Reaction score

Holy hell. Stop being cheap and using your cell phone as your home internet connection. You couldn't possibly use 60 gigs of data on your phone alone. People like you are ruining it for everyone else.