iPhone Limiting Users!!!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
AT&T may have to limit iPhone users- Market Dispatches - MSN Money

"But the options include instituting usage fees that charge customers based on how much data flow through the device." Now they can create a NEW MAP for their pricing options!! HAHA

Came across this on msn.com this morning. Right in the business section. Apparently AT&T's network is suffering (this is news worthy? LOL)

Only gonna help push the Droid into more hands :)

Last edited:

slammed

Reaction score
AT&T's network has been suffering for years, I thought they upgraded their network within the last year or so. It is nice to see they still cant get their act together. Kinda funny that in all their commercials they never talk about dropped calls.

zegolf

Reaction score
AT&T's network has been suffering for years, I thought they upgraded their network within the last year or so. It is nice to see they still cant get their act together. Kinda funny that in all their commercials they never talk about dropped calls.

I also like that they've created an iPhone app that allows you to report dropped calls, so that they can trace where they're coming from.

SERIOUSLY?!?

Your network is so bad that you have to create an app to determine WHERE it's bad? AT&T sealed their own fate on this one. If they limit bandwidth on their heavy users, you're going to see the AT&T ship sink faster than the titanic. The iPhone is the only thing keeping that company afloat right now.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They could have just waited until all their users switch to other companies and then this won't be an issue. Welcome to the 21st century AT&T.

slammed

Reaction score
The number auf !!!!!'s is reverse equivalent to the importance of your topic :D

Who cares about iPhone?

Just wanna let you know i got a cool new app for my Milestone called "Zedge"

^^

by Zedge are you talking about Zedge ringtones and wallpapers?

OP
Martin030908

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know we've all known AT&T's network has suffered for years but I just found it funny to see front and center on my homepage that iPhone sales were being limited... It's comical that the 'jesus' phone has crushed the network they created and exclusive contract with. Irony...

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know we've all known AT&T's network has suffered for years but I just found it funny to see front and center on my homepage that iPhone sales were being limited... It's comical that the 'jesus' phone has crushed the network they created and exclusive contract with. Irony...

Pretty Much. It's actually quite sad to say that if the apple never made an exclusive contract with AT&T, they might not be around anymore. Apple has held AT&T off the ground for the time, but it seems that even apple can't save them from their own network issues.

huskur

Reaction score
Also read that AT&T plans to roll out their 4G coverage in 2011. Thats a year after Verizons rollout in 2010. AT&T says there isn't enough devices on the market to warrant a earlier rollout. (there is another "1-UP" for Verizon)

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also read that AT&T plans to roll out their 4G coverage in 2011. Thats a year after Verizons rollout in 2010. AT&T says there isn't enough devices on the market to warrant a earlier rollout. (there is another "1-UP" for Verizon)

Verizon is only STARTING their rollout in 2010, you most likely won't see the effects of up until 2011. The full upgrade is suppose to take 2 1/2 to 3 years. Starting in 2010 ending 2013 is from what i've read. And cell phones weren't the first thing to be done with the 4G, i've heard from sources that the first things to get the 4G is Data Air Cards.