Internal Storage Low/Full

enzofur

Reaction score
So, I recently developed a problem with my phone giving me a warning about the internal storage being low and sometimes it says it is completely full....
I dont have more then 20-25 apps.
Im not sure what exactly is stored directly to my phones internal storage and i have even tried doing things like deleting some apps and some pictures and videos but nothing seems to be working.
Thanks for the help

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
What are you trying to do when you get this warning? Videos and pictures go to your SD card and applications go to the data/app in the system of your device. You can always go to settings/sdcard and storage and scroll to the bottom and see how much internal storage you have left, if you are rooted and flash ROMs there is an alternate "internal storage" that your system might be referring to. The more information we have the easier it is to help

OP
E

enzofur

Reaction score
Alright sorry about not giving alot of info but wasnt really sure what I needed to give.
It was just going on and off randomly kinda and I could go to the storage and watch it go up and down for some reason...?
Right now it is only at 14.14 mb but it was only at 20 something before when I checked, either way it seems too low.
And since I have no idea what rooting is or anything, I assume my phone is not rooted so I don't think that would be the problem....

Billiard22

Reaction score
I used to get the same message. What help me was deleting a bunch of text messages.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's alright, 14.4mb is not a lot of space and you will get warnings like this, best bet is to delete applications you don't use a lot, I have 110mb left, but I am very streamlined, this is the number 1 downfall of the Droid is the little amount of internal memory

The Droid 2 is set for release sometime next week it is almost identical to the Droid One except it carries 8gb of internal storage (plus a few other upgrades) these warnings will be a thing of the past, also it will be released with android operating system 2.2 which allows you to put most of your apps right on the SD card itself, if you have an upgrade soon you should look into it

OP
E

enzofur

Reaction score
I already have very few apps, is it really necessary for me to delete more and will this actually help me?
I already deleted a ton of texts(like 2k),
The warning me that its getting low doesn't bother me but when it switches to my storage being totally full, then my phone basically just stops functioning....

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
So when you go to settings/phone storage it still says 14mb left? Look in settings/manage applications and check the size of some of the applications, something is using a lot of space