Eris Internal Phone Storage Question??

MadGrimey

Reaction score
I recently got the Droid Eris and I read in the design specs that is has 512 MB of internal storage. But when I checked mine I only have 136 MB. Are the rest of the 300 or so MB being used already by the phone? I haven't downloaded any apps. Or is the 130 MB number normal?

Any answers would be helpful. Thanks

scajjr

Reaction score
The specs in the user manual I downloaded says Eris has 288mb of memory.

Sam

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I recently got the Droid Eris and I read in the design specs that is has 512 MB of internal storage. But when I checked mine I only have 136 MB. Are the rest of the 300 or so MB being used already by the phone? I haven't downloaded any apps. Or is the 130 MB number normal?

Any answers would be helpful. Thanks

This is exactly the same as it is with the droid. Other then the droid has alittle more internal space for apps. 288MB is the amount of RAM your system has to run programs. I wouldn't say that all 300 MB is being used by the phone, it has to have space for updates and packages that updates might install.

As for the 136MB internal storage, on the droid i have about 50-60 apps, installed and out of 256MB storage i still have 182MB left. So you can see alittle of how much apps will take up. The eris has the same issue as the droid, it has an SD card, which lately has been started being used for the data files that certain programs use. Not all of them are configured like this, though. So yes an app can technically have just about all of it's data on the SD card, BUT the developer has to write it like that.

scajjr

Reaction score
I installed the Dolphin web browser ( I like it much better than the one that came installed on the Eris) and it uses the SD card for cache. I just put in a 16Gb SD class 6 (fastest) soif more apps start to use the card for data I'll have room.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I installed the Dolphin web browser ( I like it much better than the one that came installed on the Eris) and it uses the SD card for cache. I just put in a 16Gb SD class 6 (fastest) soif more apps start to use the card for data I'll have room.

yeah it should become common practice now to store the data on the SD card. until google / verizon determines whether or not they want to allow apps2sd.