Interesting issue with Droid Wifi connection.

bmore

Reaction score
So after getting my Driod the first thing I did was flip on WIFI to feel the speed.

That didnt happen, i was unable to connect and when I did i was off in 15 min or so. After messing with the WIFI for I bit i saw that my Wii was doing the same thing.

The solution i have found is running open network with MAC filtering on and disabling SSID broadcast.

Now speed test shows 10mb down and 6mb up on the droid, laptop is 19d/10u on wireless, 26d/16u wired.

This has worked for both my Droid and my Wii. Anyone else have similar results?

antyoo

Reaction score
I use mac filtering as well and it works great, but i have not used the wifi in any other way so i couldnt tell you if my droid has the same problem

JamesX

Reaction score
Mine is just normal Wifi with WEP password.

I do not have the disconnect issue.

The Wifi at work is WEP with SSID not broadcasted, also no issues.

rp683

Reaction score
I had an issue with my iMac at first, I read that you have to limit the password to 5 characters. Once I did that it worked fine.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My WiFi disconnects intermittently. I will look down and I'll see my Droid is hanging on an internet connection. I'll notice that my WiFi symbol has disappeared and my 3G will pop back up. Wait a few more seconds and the WiFi reappears.

I don't have a clue as to why this happens.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
The Wifi at work is WEP with SSID not broadcasted, also no issues.

I have this same setup home and office. Switches back and forth fine, and no disconnect problem.

liquidzoo

Reaction score
MAC Filtering, 9 letter WPA2 password, SSID not broadcasting...and my Droid can't even see my network.:mad:

Not that it's a big deal, though.

MarkB

Reaction score
My WiFi disconnects intermittently. I will look down and I'll see my Droid is hanging on an internet connection. I'll notice that my WiFi symbol has disappeared and my 3G will pop back up. Wait a few more seconds and the WiFi reappears.

I don't have a clue as to why this happens.

Same thing here. And just WEP and SSID is being broadcast. Every other wireless device I have has no trouble staying connected. The droid? No rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes it's connected fine across the house from the router. Other times it connects and disconnects within line of sight of the router.

JamesX

Reaction score
MAC Filtering, 9 letter WPA2 password, SSID not broadcasting...and my Droid can't even see my network.:mad:

If you have Mac filtering you really don't need a password unless you worry about fake MAC spoofs.

I had to use "Hidden SSID Enabler" to make my DROID see my office WiFi.

Just search for "hidden SSID" in the app store.

You should set up the Wifi Connection first - manually type in the SSID then the password, etc.

Then run the SSID Enabler, and type in the SSID. It will then connect. You just have to do this once, so it is no hassel at all.

liquidzoo

Reaction score

If you have Mac filtering you really don't need a password unless you worry about fake MAC spoofs.

I had to use "Hidden SSID Enabler" to make my DROID see my office WiFi.

Just search for "hidden SSID" in the app store.

You should set up the Wifi Connection first - manually type in the SSID then the password, etc.

Then run the SSID Enabler, and type in the SSID. It will then connect. You just have to do this once, so it is no hassel at all.

Nice! Thanks for the tip. I will give this a try when I get home.