Installing ROM question

KrazyAtes

Reaction score
Wow, I'm dumb. HahaI didn't pay attention to your sig, and I meant SPRecovery.Lol my old iPhone hacking days came out. SB = SpringBoard.Anyway, good luck and let me know what happens.

OP
Diordna

Diordna

Reaction score
If you are using SPrecovery the way you mentioned: rename to update.zip, put on root of sd card, reboot recovery, install, allow install (depreciated), install will work.

I've never used Rom Manager. Only SPrecovery

BTW, don't forget to wipe data and cashe in SPR

Oh wow so it really is that easy?! Thanks for the confirmation!

shamus

Reaction score
No offense man, but from the sounds of it you're in no place to be helping others root. What you're asking is extremely trivial stuff.
Most of your threads are HELP threads with exclamation points. You should try to learn on your own a little bit more.
What if you end up bricking this guys phone?

OP
Diordna

Diordna

Reaction score
No offense man, but from the sounds of it you're in no place to be helping others root. What you're asking is extremely trivial stuff.
Most of your threads are HELP threads with exclamation points. You should try to learn on your own a little bit more.

Not really. I didn't brick his phone thank you and he is running bugless beast with a kernel and theme and scripts and everything perfectly thanks to me, but um, thanks for the compliment....

shamus

Reaction score

Not really. I didn't brick his phone thank you and he is running bugless beast with a kernel and theme and scripts and everything perfectly thanks to me, but um, thanks for the compliment....

I knew there was really no nice way of saying that. And I figured you'd get bent out of shape.
All I'm saying is when I was helping you root your phone you can bet your ass I wasn't on here posting help threads mid-way through your install. I helped you because I knew what I was doing and I was confident.
You got the guy started, then came back on here with asinine questions that are answered in nearly every other help thread on this forum.
I'm just saying maybe you should spend a little more time learning about this process and less time posting threads expecting people to help you with every little problem you run into.

OP
Diordna

Diordna

Reaction score

I knew there was really no nice way of saying that. And I figured you'd get bent out of shape.
All I'm saying is when I was helping you root your phone you can bet your ass I wasn't on here posting help threads mid-way through your install. I helped you because I knew what I was doing and I was confident.
You got the guy started, then came back on here with asinine questions that are answered in nearly every other help thread on this forum.
I'm just saying maybe you should spend a little more time learning about this process and less time posting threads expecting people to help you with every little problem you run into.
I understand, but helping this guy out has taught me more and I have read a lot more and everything from this experience, Now It all seems easy if you think about.

I mean it's all kind of the same in a way and I understand what you're saying and I thought I did know how to do it but I was wrong but either way I figured it out, helped a fellow user out like I was helped (thank you!) and want to help more people out now! It's fun for me :)
Now all the other times will be so much better and easier!

Not down about what you said, you're right. But now I understand and no regrets, and going to help this community out :)