Which ROM to Run

TangoSucka

Reaction score
I have your regular Motorola A855 Droid. It's rooted and has a clockwork mod and Rom Manager Premium installed currently and it's running Bugless Beast V.4. I bought it off Craigslist and it came like this.

Now this is my problem. That freaking "OTA Update" won't go away. And it annoys me. I understand Pete put out a patch, but I hear it's pretty bad. So, what ROM should I put on it. I tried ShadowROM and Cyngamod but I when I rebooted it, I lost all my contacts and stuff. I did the nandroid backup and everything!

So, I need your guys help. Which ROM should I use and how do I put a new ROM on it without losing everything. I have a work account email that I can't really afford to lose.

Thanks for your help!

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you switch Roms you will need to wipe your phone (no way to get around it) get Titanium Bacup from the market to backup all your apps.

Your contacts and calendar an d gmail will resync when you sign back into Google. Your paid apps are tied to your gmail account so you won't need to buy those again either.

Edit: Send the work email you need to save to your gmail acct.

OP
TangoSucka

TangoSucka

Reaction score
Ok. I also used Handy Backup. So what ROM should I use? Or is their and update for Bugless Beast

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Word is Bugless is getting an update soon but any ROM out today is worth trying, just have a good back-up first

OP
TangoSucka

TangoSucka

Reaction score
Ok. So what would be a good backup. That's what I need to know haha.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Every rom has differences. Try two or three. Make notes on what works well and what does not. How the rom performs on your phone. One will stand out and meet your needs.

Just make a backup with SPR or ClockWork and you'll be fine

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
Asking what ROM should you use is like asking what type of car should you buy. What we may like might be the absolute worst for you. I like SimplyStunning, but it may not work for you. The only way for you to figure that out is to test drive a couple and see what you like. They are free for the most part so it doesn't hurt to run one for 2-3 day to put them through the ringer and find each ones strong and weak points.

That being said, I think I read a thread in the forums today that Bugless Beast .5 FRG22D is out if you like the feel of what you have.