Installation issue

spygrad2003

Reaction score
I have been using UD for a while now and love it, but have had a problem going from 7 to 8. When I tried installing 8 (using Rom Manager) it doesn't even look like I'm using UD anymore.

The boot screen says it's UD 8, but now the extra options you get when holding the power button are gone, I have no Ultimate Droid menu in the settings, and the about screen says I'm running 2.1 again, rather than 2.2. It seems a lot of the features I liked from 7 are gone. Have I done something wrong?

Also, is there a way to update to 8 rather than wipe and start fresh so I can keep my settings?

Thanks for any help.

OP
S

spygrad2003

Reaction score
I downloaded it from the forum here, but installed it with rom manager.

OP
S

spygrad2003

Reaction score
Still can't get it to work. I tried flashing sp recovery with rom manager, but it still just reboots to clockwork. How have you guys been installing UD8, with clockwork or sp recovery?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Still can't get it to work. I tried flashing sp recovery with rom manager, but it still just reboots to clockwork. How have you guys been installing UD8, with clockwork or sp recovery?

SP and Androzip. Haven't had that combo fail me yet!

OP
S

spygrad2003

Reaction score
That's exactly where I got the one I'm installing unfortunately

bigtex52

Reaction score
You say you are using the one contained in ROM Manager. Copy the ROM you downloaded into the root directory of your sd card. Reboot into CW Recovery. Scroll to Install zipfrom SD Card. Click to select. Scroll to Choose zip from SD Card. Click to select. Scroll down to the file UD-eXtreme-8.0.0-sholes.zip. Click to select.. Scroll to YES. Click. Let 'er run and when it says that it's done, click the power button back to Reboot system now, select it one more time and your done. Sorry to be so elementary but you seem to be having a time of it.