install stock apps?

tachyonshower

Reaction score
hi,

i have recently posted with questions about rom flashing, but now i have eclipse v1.3 running. i was wondering if it were possible to reinstall some select stock apps, i.e. verizon backup/sync, vznav, etc, from titanium backup without any problems?

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Verizon backup I'm pretty sure wouldn't be in the market. Why do you need VZnavigator??????????? o.0 I don't think any of the stock apps would be in the market, I think you'd have to find the APKs. I'm not sure. I don't have an X2! ;)

OP
T

tachyonshower

Reaction score
well, vznav was just an example. currently, im mostly concerned with my phone contact list that i had previously synced to my account. i was thinking that since i had used titanium to back up the stock rom with all of my apps and copied over the backup directory to my pc, that i might be able swap over some of the backups to the current titanium that i have just installed and possibly restore them. especially the backup assistant.

theunknownn

Reaction score
well, vznav was just an example. currently, im mostly concerned with my phone contact list that i had previously synced to my account. i was thinking that since i had used titanium to back up the stock rom with all of my apps and copied over the backup directory to my pc, that i might be able swap over some of the backups to the current titanium that i have just installed and possibly restore them. especially the backup assistant.

I had that same issue, what I ended up doing was restoring the backup of my,main system then went to (I think) setting and backed up my contacts to a file on the sd card then imported them on the custom ROM (Steel Droid)

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
T

tachyonshower

Reaction score
dang. i hope that there is an easier way. i dont really feel like reverting back :blink: also, to do so, i would just have to follow the steps that i did to install eclipse, but choose the backup folder in the clockworkmod directory on my sd-ext?

theunknownn

Reaction score
Well I use safestrap but all I did was, make a backup of the newly installed ROM, restore my nandroid, save the contact file, then restore the ROM backup again and import. I havn't used clockwork, much sorry but it should be basically the same

OP
T

tachyonshower

Reaction score
although, i am again curious if i can import my titanium backup file to my sd and then use titanium to reinstall the apps?

theunknownn

Reaction score
Yes you can restore the apps and app data from the titanium backup, however that doesn't seem to include contact information. And I would reccomend deselecting the stock apps that come with your phone that you don't/wont use. With me being new to Droid stuff im not sure if you should restore system data as well, Ithink you shouldn't. I just restored user apps and app data

OP
T

tachyonshower

Reaction score
i tried it and it didnt work for me, but that doesnt mean that i didnt do something wrong. :p. i just ended up restoring my OEM rom, which i had backed up, and then backed up my contacts and brought them back to eclipse. then i synced to google so that i never have to deal with that again. haha. thanks for the help guy