1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Changing GMail accounts

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by sparty569, Dec 4, 2010.

1. sparty569

sparty569 New Member

Question. Is it possible to change the GMail accounts purchased/downloaded apps are tied to?

I have a gmail account that I use only for calendar and backup, which is the gamil account on my phone. I am thinking of switching my full time email address from yahoo to gmail and would like to get my apps associated with the newly created gmail account.

Is this possible? If I use Titanium Backup, can I at least get my downloaded apps synced this way?
  2. harrellj

harrellj New Member

If you have purchased apps, if you switch accounts, those purchased apps will not transfer over to the new account. You'd have to talk to the developers for those apps to get any updates and you would lose all market links to them (since Google wouldn't know you'd already paid for them).

If you back them up with Titanium Backup, you could reinstall the .apks but again, the market link will be broken.
Search tags for this page

change android gmail account

change gmail account on verizon android

change market for droid eris

how to change gmail address on android

how to switch gmail accountd on android metro pcs

how to switch gmail accounts on a droid razr

how to switch gmail accounts on android

www.gamilaccount change.com