innovation with iPhone 7 or money maker?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

How long before Samsung or Android do the same?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
One port that does it all. Pure genius.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I just start using headphones in the last few months and now they are going to "pull the plug" on it.... See what I did there?? I would be ok with it IF I could get a reasonably priced BT headphone that would last 8 solid hours... All of mine I am lucky to get 4 or 5.......

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I don't think they are pulling the plug, they are just changing the connector. The less ports, the thinner phone gets.. Makes sense to me.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I just start using headphones in the last few months and now they are going to "pull the plug" on it.... See what I did there?? I would be ok with it IF I could get a reasonably priced BT headphone that would last 8 solid hours... All of mine I am lucky to get 4 or 5.......
My Jaybirds go for over 8 hours.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There was another thread about this earlier in the week . Look for the S8 to have no headphone jack and lots of griping how Samsung is taking away a necessity when they do even though, just like an sd card and removable battery, the average user won't even notice.
Personally I'm glad they're doing it so perhaps Bluetooth will stop being in a state of stagnation and start leaping forward again or be replaced by another wireless technology. Government pushed Phone/driving laws didn't do it, maybe Apple will be the catalyst

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
One port that does it all. Pure genius.

Guess no one remembers the old-school windows phones did this like the Touch Pro

ZUzAwxC.jpg

And if you lost the included headsets or wanted to use your own you had to use the UGLY DONGLE.

ALj2NiZ.jpg

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Guess no one remembers the old-school windows phones did this like the Touch Pro

ZUzAwxC.jpg

And if you lost the included headsets or wanted to use your own you had to use the UGLY DONGLE.

ALj2NiZ.jpg

^thanks for posting.

I did not know about that myself. But it is similar to the fingerprint scanner in phones. Unfortunately Apple and Samsung will get the credit because at the time Motorola had the Atrix it was just before its time. Same can be said about Dell and their phablet.

motorola-atrix-fingerprint.jpg

dell-streak-india-300x241.jpg

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
^thanks for posting.

I did not know about that myself. But it is similar to the fingerprint scanner in phones. Unfortunately Apple and Samsung will get the credit because at the time Motorola had the Atrix it was just before its time. Same can be said about Dell and their phablet.

motorola-atrix-fingerprint.jpg

dell-streak-india-300x241.jpg
In all honesty, I think Apple is just going through an 'everything needs a dongle' phase. Look at the new Macbooks. It's just... Weird.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk