Incredible unrooting problems

KingOfMinneapolis

Reaction score
Okay, so Angry Birds won't install, and I can't update Gmail, and Maps couldn't update either, so I got fed up with the rooted Incredible. I think it was sloppily done by a friend so I'm trying to get rid of it. I followed that really popular video and it doesn't work, so I followed a less popular video and it still didn't work.

I"m at wits end, so I just clear storage hoping that it will work. It doesn't.

Please don't tell me I'm ****ed. Anyone who can help me get this phone back to it's factory setting with Superusers gone and no root on it so I can official OTA update it.

Thanks.

OP
K

KingOfMinneapolis

Reaction score

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you want to be completely back to stock you need to get the unlocked bootloader back into a locked position. To do this you have to be rooted and with clockwork recovery. Thus it is the first step.

Basically it boots the bootloader into a stock state. It is not a needed step if you plan on keeping the device. Its more for some legit warranty claims.

Also this leave in ont the offical OTA of 2.2. Flash this and you are done.

OP
K

KingOfMinneapolis

Reaction score
Okay. Now how do I do that step? Saying to flash it into clockwork makes sense in the sense that I know what it does and I know what clockwork is, I just don't know how to actually flash it.

It's not something that's terribly important to me right now, but I wouldn't mind doing it just to be safe.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok you flash it just like a rom. We will get to that in a bit though. First go into the "about phone" and reply with which baseband you are on.

OP
K

KingOfMinneapolis

Reaction score

and my build number is 3.16.605.0 CL203589 release-keys
software number is 3.16.607.0

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Perfect. Then dl'd the s-on zip and put it on your sd card. You can then flash via rom manager or in recovery. The link below show a step by step for while in recovery though you won't need to do any wiping or anything.

Flashing ROMs tutorial

Also before you begin I should let you know the RUU will wipe your phone completely. Please sync with google for your contacts and all mtext messages will be deleted.

And so you know we could flash a rom that is made from the offical VZW ota and save yourself a lil time. It will let you DL angry birds and Gmail will work just fine. It is up to you.

OP
K

KingOfMinneapolis

Reaction score
Okay, I know this is now old news but I've now finally got some free time to do this.

How do I get into Rom Manager? It's not mentioned anywhere in either of these two threads. You're speaking to someone who ahs never done any of this before, so I have no idea how to do anything, so please keep that in mind.

Act as though i'm the dumbest person to ever touch a smartphone. Please explain in great detail :p

Edit: Also, if it's easier just to flash a rom that makes it a normal phone with froyo, please direct on how to do that, as I want this to be as easy as possible. I ****ed up one fix and now SuperUser Permissions is still on the apps screen, even though I have no idea what that is.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Okay, I know this is now old news but I've now finally got some free time to do this.

How do I get into Rom Manager? It's not mentioned anywhere in either of these two threads. You're speaking to someone who ahs never done any of this before, so I have no idea how to do anything, so please keep that in mind.

Act as though i'm the dumbest person to ever touch a smartphone. Please explain in great detail :p

Edit: Also, if it's easier just to flash a rom that makes it a normal phone with froyo, please direct on how to do that, as I want this to be as easy as possible. I ****ed up one fix and now SuperUser Permissions is still on the apps screen, even though I have no idea what that is.

Old yes. So please explain what your overall goal is and I can help ya.:)

OP
K

KingOfMinneapolis

Reaction score

Old yes. So please explain what your overall goal is and I can help ya.:)

Alright, my friend said that rooting my phone would be the best thing ever and he's an outright liar. I'm sure if you're super savvy with these things it's probably awesome, but I'm not that great, I just like to download some games or apps check my email and Google Reader sometimes. I'm not in need of running weird things that Root can do, and it wouldn't let me update Gmail or Download Angry Birds so I decided to remove it, it didn't work when I did what some video said and then someone else told me to just wipe it through the boot screen (When you hold down the volume down when you restart), except it didn't really fix it and now it still has Super User Permissions in the Apps section of the phone.

So, what I want, is to completely wipe my phone of this root non-sense and get this badboy back to Verizon approved Froyo so I can get my Angry Birds on.