1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Incredible to DroidX?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by raduray, Jun 15, 2010.

1. raduray

raduray New Member

I've had my Incredible for about a week and a half and am considering returning it within the 30 day period and upgrading to the Droid X when it becomes available next month. Here are the issues:

1. The Incredible's touch buttons are too sensitive and I'm always activating them inadvertently. The Droid X will have real buttons.
    2. The Incredible's OLED display is bad news in direct sunlight. I like to run golf GPS app when on the course and it's tough to read. My Storm 1's display was much better in that regard and the Droid X should be better as well.
    3. The Incredible's battery life is poor. I can't get thru a full day. I do play with it a lot, but that's why I got this toy.
    4. Having experienced browsers in the Android world, I now want a bigger screen. It will make typing in portrait mode easier too as the keys will be bigger.
    5. The one thing I'm concerned about is the lack of a trackball/trackpad on the Droid X. I found it handy for precise cursor control when editing. How big a deal is that?

The Incredible's been a great introduction to Android and, to me, it really is a great improvement over the Storm, even though I don't get Google's contact management scheme (can't sort by last name - huh?).

I'd appreciate comments, particularly on item 5.
  2. soba1

soba1 New Member

First and foremost are u past your 30 days?
  3. raduray

raduray New Member

No, as I stated in the introduction, I've only had it a week and a half.
  4. soba1

soba1 New Member

Sorry; I overlooked it. What I would do then play with for a while then return it before your 30 days are up. When the DroidX comes out u can give that a try. The DroidX is scheduled to release on 7/19. So u will not
    have gotten another phone within the 30 day time frame. That way you
    will be able to see which one u like best. But remember this
    if u get the DroidX and go back to the Inc within that 30 day time frame
    you will be stuck with the Inc..
    Hope that helps.