Incredible stuck on bootloop....trying to fix

in99flames

Reaction score
Hello All!! First off let me say, I am an avid user of a Droid X. I am pretty good fixing Droid X and Motorolas...Today I was thrown a curve ball by a friend who purchased an Incredible online. Apparently this incredible has been rooted and customized. Unfortunately I do not know much more than it has Cyanogen Mod 7. I do not know what ROM it is using, the only other bit of info I have is that it was running gingerbread briefly before the problem. Here is where the trouble starts:

it is stuck on bootloop. Shows Cyanogen loading.....freezes, then starts to try loading cyanogen again, repeat.

Being unfamiliar with working on HTCs, I am at a roadblock and need further assistance. I can get it into recovery mode and it will boot into clockwork recovery mod....this is good and I tried wiping data/cache...but to no avail. Still in bootloop. I was looking at some threads here and downloaded HTC sync and an RUU file(I assume RUU is HTC's verison of an SBF?). RUU I downloaded is from this thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-incredible-hacks/60499-bricked-incredible-3.html#post1478456

I cant get my computer to find the Phone so I cannot flash the RUU into it. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Finally, I do not care if I restore this to stock. My friend has no technical prowess and bought this particular rooted one because it was cheaper than the others (maybe he is now finding out why it was selling for cheaper? haha). Personally I think he'd be better with it stock. Thanks for reading!