Incredible poor signal bars?

DR01D1

Reaction score
Verizon got a decent reception around where I live but does anyone got more than 2 bars on their phone?

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Verizon got a decent reception around where I live but does anyone got more than 2 bars on their phone?

This has said to be an issue but you still have great reception. The bars are misleading on this phone because it doesn't read the amount of reception right but regardless of the bars people have said it still has awesome reception.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

This has said to be an issue but you still have great reception. The bars are misleading on this phone because it doesn't read the amount of reception right but regardless of the bars people have said it still has awesome reception.

+1 Don't get hung up on how many bars you see. Worry about it if you don't see any.

Whit66

Reaction score
Do you think the Incredible has the same quality of reception as the Droid? Tomorrow I will be exchanging my Moto Droid for the Incredible, but I am nervious since the Moto Droid has great call quality and reception.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you think the Incredible has the same quality of reception as the Droid? Tomorrow I will be exchanging my Moto Droid for the Incredible, but I am nervious since the Moto Droid has great call quality and reception.

:welcome: to the Droid Forum. To be honest with you I don't have any idea, the phone is very new and reviews are just now coming in. But my feeling is since it's on the Verizon network you should get a good signal.

gajenn

Reaction score
Its not just the network, some phones have better internal antennas to recieve the signal...remains to be seen if Incredible has a good internal antenna..this is different from clarity of call,different hardware,basically for reception its the antenna and software that matter...

stiltwalker36

Reaction score
poor signal

I live in a neighborhood that has pretty good verizon coverage but my new Incredible went between 1 bar to zero bars. I had to send the phone back to verizon and cancel the service. There wasn't enough signal for me to even activate the phone. Its a shame, I dumped AT&T because of dropped calls on my iphone. It would be nice to have a smart phone that actually works as a phone.

gajenn

Reaction score
well that sux stiltwalker..some reviews warned of this,HTC phones are not known for great reception..i was hoping since this phone breaks so many new hardware levels they'd have boosted the antenna,couldn't cost more than a few cents to do that...i get mine tomarrow,hope i get enough reception..my lg dare gets 2-4 bars from home.

OP
DR01D1

DR01D1

Reaction score
I have no bars at home and most of the places the most I get is 2 bars :mad:

smokiedabong

Reaction score
The bars are not a good linear representation of signal strength . To check the true signal strength get an application like tricorder or go in settings- about phone - status to see the signal level in dB . It's known that many cell phone operators add a couple of extra signal lines on some phones , just so they appear to have better signal .

Dustinmj

Reaction score
Don't forget to *228 and press option 2 to update roaming capabilities guys...

gajenn

Reaction score
what kind of db signal range is considered a good signal?

OP
DR01D1

DR01D1

Reaction score
Does any1 else here has my issue?

Well….while I’m on the phone I drop calls and I get a message on the phone call dropped, signal lost…something like that then I see no bars at all I could have a bad phone as of now I got I 2 bars with -79DBm

junpar

Reaction score
HTC isn't known for good cell reception (Eris, etc..), it is likely that reception will be worse than that of any motorola phone. It probably wont be that much of a problem. Motorola has been around for a LONG time and it is a developed company so this should be expected. I'm sure that in the years to come htc will improve their cell radios.