Incredible poor signal bars?

OP
DR01D1

DR01D1

Reaction score
Eris reception is gr8 comparing to mine I have a friend who has one and I have it side to side no issue and never drop calls.

junpar

Reaction score
Eris reception is gr8 comparing to mine I have a friend who has one and I have it side to side no issue and never drop calls.

There has actually been many reports where some people believe their Eris does not even have a radio.

cgm205

Reaction score
Weak signal

Thanks for the tip on how to see sig strength in db. My home is a bad phone reception location for my Droid; the sig strength runs -101 db to -98 db.
My wife's 59.95 LG flip phone works great with no drops or skips.

Are droids known for poor phones?

Thanks

gajenn

Reaction score
what db levels are considered good? not sure what the measurment is,as is 75db worse than 85? or better? feedback please

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
My old clamshell phones have had better reception in my home than the "chocolate bar" phones. I've added an Network Extender which helps a lot.

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I must be one of the few. I've had 4 bars all morning.

cgm205

Reaction score
Good?

I was in town today near a Verizon tower and showed 3 bars and a -87dbm
signal.
At this level phone. 3G and internet hums with no probs at all.

My problem at my home is that I can open the phone and have 3 bars, but in a minute or less only one or none and the 3G changes to 1x. Then it will go back to 3 bars sometimes. But not usually for long. As if signal from tower is varying.
I've called Verizon about this but no help.

R1Lover

Reaction score
I just set my motodroid next to the incredible.. here are the results

Moto Droid 87dBm = three to four bars

Incredible 87 dBm - two bars

Both phones had the same dBm sitting next to each other.

This looks to be a code issue and not a reception issue, as they both have the same dBm with different bar displays.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score

This looks to be a code issue and not a reception issue, as they both have the same dBm with different bar displays.

Yeah that's all it seems to be is the phone isn't reading it correctly to put the right number of bars. I havent had any problems with reception at all even though when looking at bars it looks like i don't have much reception.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
There isn't a standard on how many bars a phone should display for -87 dB . Each manufacturer puts as many as he wants and usually the wireless provider modifies this to have as many bars as possible .

OP
DR01D1

DR01D1

Reaction score
New phones and bars issues lol……I’m dropping calls big time I also have a VZ wireless extender at home the phone should show full reception still shows one bar to no bars…VZ are sending a replacement today : ) I will post back

hobby31

Reaction score

Yeah, I've got the same thing. I just got the incredible yesterday and at home after doing *228 I only got one bar. My moto Droid shows full bars. After checking side by side I get on the incredible between -90 to -102 dBm with one bar showing and the Moto Droid shows -95 and -99 dBm with full bars showing. I know with HTC Sence UI the info bar at the top is themed by HTC so maybe it is just a graphics issue. I'll see how it goes the next few days and repost. I hope this ain't the same thing happening to the nexus with dropping 3g issues and stuff.

bcrigler

Reaction score
I have had no issues with bars. I am at 3 bars right now. And who cares what the bars show if you are getting good dBm?

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I can customize the notification bar for you to always show 5 signal bars if that makes you believe you have a better signal .
I also have some nice flame decals for your car that will increase power by at least 30 HP